New studio, new work.

Want to share a photo of your work? Or get feedback on a new piece? Post it here. (Note: items in this forum are deleted periodically, generally after several months.)

Moderator: Brad Walker

Haydo

New studio, new work.

Post by Haydo »

Well the net has been the university and Brad's Bulliten Board the class room plus throw in a trip to Perth for the Ausglass conference and there is no going back. I feel happy that the wait was worth it and am looking forward to settling into this new lifestyle. My first pieces("NEW") can be seen at http://community.webshots.com/user/imagoman
The last two are not completed, but this is how friends will see them on the light-table at our house/studio warming. Cheers to kiln-forming.
- Haydo
rosanna gusler

Post by rosanna gusler »

wow! that 'sky' in waterhole series is amazing. what a sense of largeness. rosanna
Cynthia

Post by Cynthia »

Congratulations on the fab studio space, and the house.

I'm thinking I live in the wrong part of the world...looks beautiful.

The work is really painterly (sorry for the artspeak...but I don't know how else to describe what I am seeing), and I find that depth in the imagery that you can get by layering and painting with the glass to be really interesting. Thanks for sharing this work.

C.
Amy Schleif-Mohr

Post by Amy Schleif-Mohr »

Wow, the waterhole piece really struck me as the strongest piece. It has a sense that there is more and we are only getting a small piece of the whole. The compostition is wonderful, would love to see more in this series...

Amy
Haydo

Post by Haydo »

Fortunatley I can take credit for all my flukes, it makes up for all the disasters when I reach my limits. It's just very useful vitrograph elements, crushed and sharded glass and the lotto of pot melts.
I'm glad you liked the pot melt depicting a mere mortal at a dried up waterhole on Mars. This was still cooling when the images of probes being sent to Mars was headlining. I love synchronisity, it sort of tells me something,.... like you're a lucky bastard! - Haydo
Cindy next door

Post by Cindy next door »

What a wonderful home and studio! I love the retreat - hope you get to use it lots, but I bet you'll be in your studio more!

I love the safe haven piece. The stand for the raft one is really cool too.

Thanks for sharing.

Wecolming visitors???? :lol:
Cindy next door
Haydo

Post by Haydo »

Yes, I welcome guests/visitors if they're a long way from home and miss the mess and heat of the studio.
Actually I've been approached to seriously take in tour groups comprising the partners of delegates attending any conferences here. The other artist is a leading ceramics artist and painter. She has her work on Hayman Island which is where I'd love mine to go one day.(5th best resort in the world) Thanks to all for the encouraging comments. - Haydo.