New site, new work

Want to share a photo of your work? Or get feedback on a new piece? Post it here. (Note: items in this forum are deleted periodically, generally after several months.)

Moderator: Brad Walker

Amy on Salt Spring

New site, new work

Post by Amy on Salt Spring »

My husband, designer, website guy and photographer, has just revamped my website and has also added several new pictures of my recent work. If you are interested take a look:
http://www.amybuchwaldglass.com
Susan Moore

Post by Susan Moore »

Amy,

Great website! I had seen your website before and I am a fan of your work. I like the subtle improvements on the website - the background effects and the more streamlined gallery - and I love your new floating boxes series, the aluminum bases are just right. I also want to touch all that fabulous texture you have going on in your work - Shattered would be sumptuous to run one's hand over.

Okay, now back to my meager yet charming maglesses.

Susan
Mira

Post by Mira »

I really love your floating boxes? The texture is truely touchable. If I saw one in a gallery, I'd be one of the terrible people that just had to touch. Do they light up?
Paul Tarlow

Re: New site, new work

Post by Paul Tarlow »

Amy on Salt Spring wrote:My husband, designer, website guy and photographer, has just revamped my website and has also added several new pictures of my recent work. If you are interested take a look:
http://www.amybuchwaldglass.com
The site shows off you wonderful work very nicely. I think my favorite piece is "Specimens"

My only feedback is the background image on "Artist" and "News" makes the light text a tad tough to read.

- Paul
Amy on Salt Spring

Thank you to the three of you and to those of you sending nice emails as well--I very much appreciate the support and compliments.

Susan--Its funny that you mentioned that about running your hands over "Shattered" because while I was working on it and had a bar or two of it out on my layout table, I also had pieces of various other things there as well as I always do. Lots of the other pieces were quite colorful and interestingly textured but every single person that came into my studio during that time walked over to the pieces of Shattered and starting running their hands over them. It surprised me because it was every single one without exception! Must be something about clear glass and the texture...

Mira--Sorry, no lighting up. They are boxes in form but not function as they do not open--just an expression of a box. I mean you see a box when its really just sides and top being held in suspension in the shape of a box but not actually touching any other part of the piece.

Paul--I agree with you and others who have emailed that it is hard to read those pages and my husband is going to fix it...however I have never been happy with my artist's statement and I hate trying to write them so maybe I will make it even more hard to read and then just hope everyone thinks I have said something deep and profound! :wink:

-Amy
Rebecca M.

Post by Rebecca M. »

Those are fabulous Amy! I love the ones with the pulled torchwork. They make my eyes dance. :)
Kathie Karancz

Post by Kathie Karancz »

Absolutely awesome Amy. Especial WOW to the boxes.
8) 8) 8) Cool........
Kathie Karancz
Tribal Turtle
Victoria, British Columbia
http://www.tribalturtle.com
Kim Bellis

Post by Kim Bellis »

Amy:
I really like the new web site - easy to navigate and the images "jump" out at you! Your work, as always is fantabulous!!
Kim
Amy Schleif-Mohr

Post by Amy Schleif-Mohr »

Amy,

Really enjoyed looking at the boxes. Very interesting to hear that they are not functional, makes me think a bit...

Your work with texture is really wonderful.

Keep it up!

Amy
Amy on Salt Spring

Hey Amy since I made you think about a new idea does that mean you will give me a hint or two about your high fire tricks? :wink: Oh who am I kidding I could never do it as well as you do and I would probably end up catching myself on fire somehow. Thanks everyone...I especially like "fantabulous" Kim! I'll try and keep that in mind tomorrow when I am back to drilling holes for the 1700 hole piece I'm working on...
Amy
Amy Schleif-Mohr

Post by Amy Schleif-Mohr »

You are too funny. I say that a lot to you, don't I?

Your boxes are very thought provoking. I'd love to see one in person.

Amy
Amy on Salt Spring

Amy Schleif-Mohr wrote:You are too funny. I say that a lot to you, don't I?

Your boxes are very thought provoking. I'd love to see one in person.

Amy
Well that's just because I am so incredibly humorous! So why not just drive over here and take a look? Its only about 2,150 miles plus a ferry ride. We are going to be home all evening. :D and please bring a piece of yours for me to look at too--I've been wanting to see your work in person for a long time.
-A
Susan Moore

Post by Susan Moore »

Amy,

So I'm not alone in wanting to touch Shattered, it absolutely begs to be touched! I really can't see without touching sometimes.

About the boxes not being functional, that is very interesting to me because I was looking at all the wonderful images and thinking to myself "I wish there was a picture of the inside of the box". This adds a certain element of intrigue to the boxes, not being able to open them up and see inside - you should probably charge extra for that.

Susan
Jackie Beckman

Post by Jackie Beckman »

Amy, your boxes are just beautiful. I've always enjoyed your work so much - (in fact, I did a dance in front of it once!) but these add such a wonderful new dimension. Great job!! =D>

Jackie
Amy on Salt Spring

How could I ever forget--a moment fortunately immortalized by Doc Steve (an artist, a surgeon and a photographer...that's a bit sickening)
http://www.bullseyeconnection.com/about ... betwo.html
Thanks Jackie--you know how much I love your work, feel free to shimmy in front of my work anytime!
-Amy