Layered blocks.

Want to share a photo of your work? Or get feedback on a new piece? Post it here. (Note: items in this forum are deleted periodically, generally after several months.)

Moderator: Brad Walker

Haydo

Layered blocks.

Post by Haydo »

Little trio.
Little trio.
If I start laughing now I probably won't be able to stop. Still giving my clipped wing more time before I venture back into studio work with one hand. Still have a month for themed section of an art exhibition to be judged by the director of Queensland Art Gallery Of Modern Art, QAGOMA. In the meantime I thought I'd share an image of the first return attempt at these layered blocks that I came across while nutting out the bubble blocks some time ago. It really is necessary to carve these out to reveal what is best for each block. Wife wasn't convinced as she was comparing against first set made and thought I was wasting my time, could be. I only want to tackle one of these a month anyway so have no real grand plans for them yet.
peace. haydo
Life is like a raft, so be like a rat!...Challenging being a captain type rat though, going down with each ship and all!!
JestersBaubles

Re: Layered blocks.

Post by JestersBaubles »

Love the movement in the two rounded pieces. Very nice!

Dana
Haydo

Post by Haydo »

Thanks Dana. I'm hooked on how the layers end up after manipulation but will have to get better at recording the process for each result. This set didn't come close to matching my thoughts of what may have been created.
peace, haydo
Life is like a raft, so be like a rat!...Challenging being a captain type rat though, going down with each ship and all!!
twin vision glass

Post by twin vision glass »

I still think they are tremendous!!!! Les
Give out Free Hugs!
Pat K.

Post by Pat K. »

I like them.
Patty
Patty

It often shows a command of language to say nothing - author unkown.
Buttercup

Post by Buttercup »

Of course you'e not adopted!.png
Of course you're not adopted!

Sorry, Haydo. It sprang into my mind and I couldn't get it out. Would you like me to delete the post? :?

Anyway, they're fascinating. Jen
Haydo

Post by Haydo »

Hey Jen. I like your idea. Don't know when I'll get to revisit these. Probably got another few months of rehabilitation for my left hand so will be avoiding the flat lap. Happy as a pig though that I've completed a work for the Art Whitsunday Inc.'s annual exhibition, young bloke will drive me up there to deliver tomorrow. Can't wait for the critique from the director of QAGOMA. peace, haydo
Buttercup

Post by Buttercup »

Hi Haydo, That's a pretty serious dent in your glass time. I didn't realize it was that serious, thought you were just having a 'man pain' moment...didn't want to highjack your thread and the earlier announcement but I too, have my paw in a sling following surgery.
No glass for me for a while. It's my right hand so I can't even draw, well nothing recognizable anyway.

Congratulations on getting the entry in on time and good luck with the assessment. Email me a pic of your entry? All the best with the hand recovery, Jen
Haydo

Post by Haydo »

Hey Jen, I keep missing posts. I'm sensitive so only feel real pain, none of the nurses disputed me when I mentioned my hand is giving birth on the first day. Have just ordered more tekta and am weighing up whether I'll have another go at this octopus skin to go towards an entry for jury into MAGE held in Mansfield, Victoria. peace, haydo
Kim Manley

Post by Kim Manley »

Go for it! The MAGE needs more kiln formed entries. Not for me this year as I am with a group from Bluedog Glass that is heading off to Portland for a week of classes. No time to sort out entry photos.
Haydo

Post by Haydo »

Thanks for encouraging response Kim. Was either going to revisit a piece from recent club exhibition/comp. or push technique on smaller, thicker work. Have an order for more tekta from Blue Dog Glass at the moment for this but have decided to just to give it a miss. Just read criteria very carefully and have realised that I don't fit that. Need to be a professional glass artist, I don't fit that yet but am working on it. peace, haydo