Bubble blocks used as memorial.

Want to share a photo of your work? Or get feedback on a new piece? Post it here. (Note: items in this forum are deleted periodically, generally after several months.)

Moderator: Brad Walker

Haydo

Bubble blocks used as memorial.

Post by Haydo »

021.JPG
008.JPG
These are an off shoot of the bubble blocks used to construct "Thoughts of a Madman". Have been playing with other little projects but looking forward to tweaking the process for these as they could be good for the studio later. We've been thinking loved ones, pets, weddings and 21st's. peace, haydo
Life is like a raft, so be like a rat!...Challenging being a captain type rat though, going down with each ship and all!!
Lynn Perry

Re: Bubble blocks used as memorial.

Post by Lynn Perry »

Really nice, Haydo, and very tasteful.
Lynn Perry
Buttercup

Post by Buttercup »

Well done, Haydo. As Lynn says, tasteful, also an elegant resolution of what can be a difficult question. Jen
Haydo

Post by Haydo »

Thank you for the compliments Lynn and Jen. Have been able to spend time away from these but do recall it's almost meditative doing the cold working on these with fine grits toward the end polish. peace, haydo
Life is like a raft, so be like a rat!...Challenging being a captain type rat though, going down with each ship and all!!
Vonon

Post by Vonon »

Tasteful and serene. Also encourages contemplation by combining a photo with a way to study the construction of the cube. Are the photos fired on? Very creative use of your bubble blocks. So many paths to pursue.
Vonon
Haydo

Post by Haydo »

Thanks Vonon. The images are decals produced by inplainsight in the US. One fire to fix image to base white and second fuse firing to cap and border. Laminated to block using HXTAL. Got a couple more to finish and photograph to use in a new Face Book business page later this year or next. peace, haydo
twin vision glass

Post by twin vision glass »

You have created a wonderful piece . These pieces will touch the soul of the owner . Very special!!!!
Give out Free Hugs!
Haydo

Post by Haydo »

Thanks Lesley, three of the four blocks created to help prove a product are of my mother to gift to siblings. Images are of her from another era so different to the one she found herself in. Life is a journey and everyone has a story. peace, haydo
twin vision glass

Post by twin vision glass »

Like I said before , these are so special and have such wide appeal . We just did the " Book of Ellen" for my husbands Mom and it is so wonderful that I almost tear up every time I look at it. Such a beautiful tribute this would be and well, I can see everyone wanting a little piece of the story . You have designed a piece where the picture tells a thousand stories and more!!!! encapsulated in glass. Beautiful!!!!!
Give out Free Hugs!
Havi

Post by Havi »

Very very nice!
I like it a lot.

Thanks for sharing

Havi
Haviva Z
- - - - with a smile :)

"Speed comes from the Devil" - (an Arabic proverb)
http://www.havivaz.com
Haydo

Post by Haydo »

Thank you Havi. I'm glad I never gave it away as a bad idea. The last block to gift which is not pictured here has a clear bubble to allow showing of special items that can fit through a one inch hole. The recipient is over seas for a few more months which means I get to enjoy it.
peace , haydo