My first high fire fuse

Want to share a photo of your work? Or get feedback on a new piece? Post it here. (Note: items in this forum are deleted periodically, generally after several months.)

Moderator: Brad Walker

Jon Wunderlich

My first high fire fuse

Post by Jon Wunderlich »

Just wanted to share a pic of my first high fire. You should be able to click on my www. link at bottom and see it. Going out of town for the week, will try to log on from my Mother-in-laws.

Jon
Tracy

Post by Tracy »

John-
Throughly enjoyed all of your pictures! Especially liked "Ode to the Black Light Poster". :lol:
-Tracy
Jon Wunderlich

Thanks Tracy (details on high fire)

Post by Jon Wunderlich »

Thanks Tracy, that one was tough, lots of cutting, lots of scrap pieces, (some that ended up in my high fire piece).

The high fire pic didn't turn out as good as it looks to the naked eye, but it was fired twice up to 1630 (first time for 1 hour, 2nd time for 1 1/2 hours). The orange center didn't look that great so I added black pieces around it with white accents and the white and blue center in the 2nd firing. Next I'm going to try to add more black around it to make a larger more rounded border, (it's only abount 7" now). That will have to wait until next weekend until I get back home, booooo.......

Jon