The Latest Bowl

Want to share a photo of your work? Or get feedback on a new piece? Post it here. (Note: items in this forum are deleted periodically, generally after several months.)

Moderator: Brad Walker

Sharol

The Latest Bowl

Post by Sharol »

Hi. Our home and my shop were destroyed in the Paradise Camp Fire on November 8th. While digging through documentation for the insurance company, I came across this photo. I just finished the bowl a little over two weeks ago. It was the last piece produced in my studio and I had forgotten that I had photographed it. Sorry the picture is so poor. It was just a snap to test the lighting.

I know I will fire a kiln again, just not sure when or where.

Warmest of wishes to all of you.

Sharol
2F53A880-D215-405C-95DF-A3C43E234F96.jpeg
Don Burt

Re: The Latest Bowl

Post by Don Burt »

Sorry for your heartbreaking loss. Hope you can rebuild and grow. Exquisite bowl by the way
DonMcClennen

Post by DonMcClennen »

Our thoughts are with you, your neighbors,and all the people of Paradise who have suffered such horrible devastation and loss. When you find your way forward and rebuild we (on this board) will be anxious to see another beautiful creation like the one you have shared with us in this post. Best wishes and Good Luck =D>
"The Glassman"
Ed Cantarella

Post by Ed Cantarella »

So sorry Sharol - glad you are ok. And yes, beautiful bowl.
HER last words were, "I'm melting, melting . . . " Dissenting opinions generally welcome for comic relief or personal edification. Sometimes both.
Joyce Walters

Post by Joyce Walters »

Hello and heartfelt hope for your recovery.
When you have a new home, or a new-to-you home, tell us what you need.
I know you will get gifts of all kinds to re-build, and many people on this forum will send you what you truly need.
be specific. We will drive, or ship it.
namaste
Joyce
Havi

Post by Havi »

Dear sharol
When I saw you posted a piece, I thought = oh! probably another beautiful piece by Sharol

It is so devastating to know what you have gone thru, and probably still going.
My heart is with you.

The piece is beautiful, as always... you are so original.

And if you feel you want to come here, and share my studio - it will be a great honor to me.
Be safe, and optimistic,
and eventually continue your beautiful work.

Thanks for sharing
Havi
Haviva Z
- - - - with a smile :)

"Speed comes from the Devil" - (an Arabic proverb)
http://www.havivaz.com
Buttercup

Post by Buttercup »

When I saw the post 'The Latest Bowl' my immediate reaction was as Havi has described. I so look forward to seeing your inspiring pieces and I'm saddened to hear you were a victim of those terrible California fires. We saw much coverage on the TV and just recently had very destructive widespread fires here, too.

All the best in reestablishing a home and studio and I hope your insurance company is cooperative. You don't need any more trauma to deal with.

That is, once again, a beautiful bowl. I hope it won't be too long before we see your next creation.

All the best, Sharol.
Jen
JestersBaubles

Post by JestersBaubles »

Late to post, but I am truly sorry for your loss. I can't imagine the effects of such devastation on an entire community.

Your last piece was, as usual, spectacular. I wish you peace and creativity in the new year. And yes, let us know how we might be able to help.

Best, Dana W.
twin vision glass

Post by twin vision glass »

Late to post as well but send our heart felt hugs and love. Just so tragic . I hope life gets better for you and your amazing inspiring art.
Give out Free Hugs!