'Site not found'

Post here if you need help on anything related to the board and how things work. If you need help on warm glass topics, use the Kiln-forming Discussion Board.

Moderator: Brad Walker

Buttercup

'Site not found'

Post by Buttercup »

Hi Brad,
I'm experiencing problems with 'Site not found' when I try to access the WGB from Bookmarks or a Google search. I can access Tutorials, and from there access the board. Not sure what's going on. Jen
Brad Walker
Site Admin

Re: 'Site not found'

Post by Brad Walker »

I've experienced it also from time to time. When I hit refresh/reload it loads normally.

I'm not sure what's causing it, but have asked my host if they have suggestions.
Kevin Midgley

Post by Kevin Midgley »

That is also an extremely frequent occurrence. At least 50% of the time. I just figure you have been hacked again or are still being hacked. Even at the best of times the connection time is slow enough I think it is not going to go through. Closing firefox and restarting it will sometimes allow connections but more often it is just a 'see if it will connect later scenario. So definitely like a traveler reading a map you sometimes need to say you can't get there from here.
Mike Jordan

Post by Mike Jordan »

It may be a DNS issue, either a wrong DNS entry somewhere or an old cache DNS entry to the old site. If it looks at the old entry, it times out but when you refresh it looks at the second entry and goes through. You might have your hosting site check to make sure they have correct IP information in all of their DNS servers.

I also notice that your web site Favicon no longer shows either. I just have a empty square on my link short cut where I use to have the yellow Warm GLASS logo there.

Mike
It's said that inside each of us is an artist trying to get out. Well mine got out... and I haven't seen him since.
DonMcClennen

Post by DonMcClennen »

same thing here. I thought it was my computer... can only get thru about 25% of the time.. ever since you were hacked. Often I give up! :?
"The Glassman"
Don Burt

Post by Don Burt »

Mike Jordan wrote:It may be a DNS issue, either a wrong DNS entry somewhere or an old cache DNS entry to the old site. If it looks at the old entry, it times out but when you refresh it looks at the second entry and goes through. You might have your hosting site check to make sure they have correct IP information in all of their DNS servers.

I also notice that your web site Favicon no longer shows either. I just have a empty square on my link short cut where I use to have the yellow Warm GLASS logo there.

Mike
Yes what Mike said. And its also reasonable to suspect an IE browser for any of the worlds misfortunes. My connection always fails the first time. It always works when I refresh. I use IE 11.0.9 and haven't tried to connect with other browsers. Is anyone consistently reaching this site the first time/every time? With which browser?
Brad Walker
Site Admin

Post by Brad Walker »

I don't think it's a browser issue. It's DNS related, most likely an old cache entry, as Mike suggested. I'm looking into that, but it's a fairly complicated problem (at least for me).
DonMcClennen

Post by DonMcClennen »

Brad... this "site not found" message has not come up for the last approx. week. I think you may have fixed whatever was causing it. =D>
"The Glassman"
Brad Walker
Site Admin

Post by Brad Walker »

DonMcClennen wrote:Brad... this "site not found" message has not come up for the last approx. week. I think you may have fixed whatever was causing it. =D>
Thanks for confirming, Don. I thought I'd fixed it (hasn't happened to me in a week either), it's great to know that someone else is having better luck also.
Buttercup

Post by Buttercup »

Brad, I haven't run into the problem for a while either, fingers crossed.....Jen