Corning's New Glass Review

The forum for discussion on business aspects of working with glass.

Moderator: Brad Walker

Dani

Corning's New Glass Review

Post by Dani »

None of my slides have come home from other places, so I won't be able to submit this year. However, I thought I'd post a reminder that the deadline is coming up.... I think October 15th. Good luck!
Marty

Post by Marty »

Dani- I'm submitting a slide of my scrap bin, a close up, and another of a pile of light bulbs, mostly dead ones, on my driveway, surrounding my van.

Or has that been done before?

Marty
Brad Walker
Site Admin

Post by Brad Walker »

Marty wrote:I'm submitting a slide of my scrap bin, a close up, and another of a pile of light bulbs, mostly dead ones, on my driveway, surrounding my van.
Well, I think one of the winners last year was a bunch of beer bottles tied together with a rope, so you're on the right track.

As for me, I'm working on emptying the beer bottles. I might slump them before I tie them together.
Brock

Post by Brock »

Brad Walker wrote:
Marty wrote:I'm submitting a slide of my scrap bin, a close up, and another of a pile of light bulbs, mostly dead ones, on my driveway, surrounding my van.
Well, I think one of the winners last year was a bunch of beer bottles tied together with a rope, so you're on the right track.

As for me, I'm working on emptying the beer bottles. I might slump them before I tie them together.
After I empty them, I usually slump myself. Am I detecting a hint . . . a frisson . . . a soupcon . . . of discontent with some of the picks? That photo of the champagne bottles floating in islands in the bay was fantastic. And remember, "Photographs about art aren't about art, they're about photography" . . . that's the corollorary to, "Writing about art isn't about art, it's about writing".
My memory is so good, I can't remember the last time I forgot something . . .
Tony Smith

Post by Tony Smith »

So the New Glass Review is a joke?

Tony
The tightrope between being strange and being creative is too narrow to walk without occasionally landing on both sides..." Scott Berkun
Brock

Post by Brock »

Tony Smith wrote:So the New Glass Review is a joke?

Tony
Not in my opinion. Brock
Brock

Post by Brock »

Brock wrote:
Tony Smith wrote:So the New Glass Review is a joke?

Tony
Not in my opinion. Brock
But I invite discussion from any interested parties . . .
Amy on Salt Spring

Post by Amy on Salt Spring »

As I said I would after last year's NGR I did broach the subject of a large glass test tube to my husband (as a counterpart to the breasts wrapped in glass that made it in last year). Strangely he seemed unenthusiastic about it...
Amy
Brian and Jenny Blanthorn

Post by Brian and Jenny Blanthorn »

Marty wrote:Dani- I'm submitting a slide of my scrap bin, a close up, and another of a pile of light bulbs, mostly dead ones, on my driveway, surrounding my van.

Or has that been done before?

Marty
I think a pic of ur childs room

Entitled

Stolen

The winner of the Turner prize was

The light goes on n off

So a room theme is obviously a good one for 2004

Brian
Amy on Salt Spring

Post by Amy on Salt Spring »

I should say that I don't think the NGR is a joke. I thought about half of the entries last year were exceptional work. As far as the other half--well that's another long thread/discussion about the direction modern art has taken and whether one thinks it has validity or not.
-A