Renting Display Pedestals for show in Charleston, SC

The forum for discussion on business aspects of working with glass.

Moderator: Brad Walker

Pat Arnold

Renting Display Pedestals for show in Charleston, SC

Post by Pat Arnold »

I am doing some research for a friend who was juried into a show in Charleston, SC. She lives in Alaska. She would like to rent pedestals in Charleston to display her glass vessels.

She might be up for buying them instead of renting them if she can ship them to and fro easily.

Does anyone know of any companies in the Charleston area she could contact? Any other suggestions?
Greg Rawls

Post by Greg Rawls »

Pat: I live in Charleston. Can you give me some details? What size, how many, which show? Is this SE Wildlife???
Greg
Pat Arnold

Post by Pat Arnold »

Hi, Greg. Thanks for replying.

Yes, the show is the Southeastern Wildlife Exposition in February. I don't know how many or what size. I'll email or call Kathleen today and ask her and post the information. I know that she'll have vessels and castings to display.
Pat Arnold

Post by Pat Arnold »

Greg, I talked to Kathleen this afternoon. She is looking for 3-4 pedestals, 18-24" in diameter and of varying heights from 30-42" high. She would be willing to rent or buy them. Any leads or suggestions will be appreciated.
Pat Arnold

Post by Pat Arnold »

Kathleen also wants to arrange to have her newest work (cooking as I write) photographed while she is in Charleston if she can find a good photographer of glass. Do you have someone you use and/or can recommend?
Greg Rawls

Post by Greg Rawls »

I'll ask around about pedistals. Regarding a glass photographer - I used a photographer in town once to shoot my glass and I was not impressed! Been doing it myself ever since. Will get back to you. I'm out of town for the next week. Email me at greg.rawls@alcoa.com. How would she feel about me building some for her out of plywood and covering them with some neutral wallpaper? I'd be happy to do it if she covers materials and then wants to leave them.
Greg
Pat Arnold

Post by Pat Arnold »

Thanks, Greg. I'll forward your offer to Kathleen and switch our conversation to email.
Greg Rawls

Post by Greg Rawls »

Kathleen arived and is set up at SE Wildlife. Got the pedestals to her on Wednesday and went to visit today. Her work is wonderful!
Greg