Felasatti Grinder Water Hookup

This is the main board for discussing general techniques, tools, and processes for fusing, slumping, and related kiln-forming activities.

Moderators: Brad Walker, Tony Smith

Paul Bush

Felasatti Grinder Water Hookup

Post by Paul Bush »

I just got my Felasatti angle grinder, and I have a question about hooking up the water hose. I may just use it in a pan of water without the hookup, but in case I change my mind, here's the question:

The coupler/valve that comes with the grinder needs to be connected with tubing to the water source. What diameter tubing do I need, and how can I connect it to a sink spigot that doesn't have a threaded hose connector?

thanks,

Paul
Paul Bush
Flying Fish Studio
Portland, Oregon
Brock

Post by Brock »

Ah always depend on the kindness of . . . hardware store employees.

Take the coupler/valve down to your friendly local hardware store and they'll sort it out for you. Your sink spigot probably has an internal thread and there are couplings for that. Brock
My memory is so good, I can't remember the last time I forgot something . . .
Paul Bush

Post by Paul Bush »

Brock wrote:Ah always depend on the kindness of . . . hardware store employees.

Take the coupler/valve down to your friendly local hardware store and they'll sort it out for you. Your sink spigot probably has an internal thread and there are couplings for that. Brock
Excellent, my guru. I'm off to Home Depot

Paul
Paul Bush
Flying Fish Studio
Portland, Oregon
Kevin Midgley

Post by Kevin Midgley »

If you want freedom from a running water supply hook up a little giant pump in a bucket of water and feed the output through the hose you are having trouble connecting. Kevin
Brian and Jenny Blanthorn

Re: Felasatti Grinder Water Hookup

Post by Brian and Jenny Blanthorn »

Paul Bush wrote:I just got my Felasatti angle grinder, and I have a question about hooking up the water hose. I may just use it in a pan of water without the hookup, but in case I change my mind, here's the question:

The coupler/valve that comes with the grinder needs to be connected with tubing to the water source. What diameter tubing do I need, and how can I connect it to a sink spigot that doesn't have a threaded hose connector?

thanks,

Paul
If U have a secert urge 2 B

Plummber boy

Put in a dedicated tap

U can never have 2 many

I have about 8 taps in the workshop n approx 40 M of hose

But I hope 2 put some more in soon
Jon Myers

Post by Jon Myers »

If home depot doesn't have the correct fittings Winks hardware on SE 3rd and Stark will. (happened to notice you're in Portland)
BobB

angle grinder?

Post by BobB »

I didn't realize you can use an angle grinder for glass working. Are there cutting wheels, grind wheels and polishers that work on an angle grinder that can be used to cold work glass?

I have a couple of angle grinders and really need more cold working equipment.

Thanks in advance.

BobB
Ron Coleman

Re: angle grinder?

Post by Ron Coleman »

BobB wrote:I didn't realize you can use an angle grinder for glass working. Are there cutting wheels, grind wheels and polishers that work on an angle grinder that can be used to cold work glass?

I have a couple of angle grinders and really need more cold working equipment.

Thanks in advance.

BobB
Check out Hisglassworks for all sorts of stuff for angle grinders. The ones most people use for glass are designed to feed water.

http://hisglassworks.com/index.html Look under products.

Ron