Dichroic Scrap Supplier

This is the main board for discussing general techniques, tools, and processes for fusing, slumping, and related kiln-forming activities.

Moderators: Brad Walker, Tony Smith

Mira

Dichroic Scrap Supplier

Post by Mira »

I'm looking for an inexpensive dichroic scrap supplier. I've been using COE 96 glass, and would like to stay with it if I can. Does anyone have good leads?

Thanks!
Tony Smith

Post by Tony Smith »

Inexpensive is such a relative term.... your best bet for COE 96 scrap is to go directly to CBS Dichroic (one of the sponsors of this board - just click the link above).

They are very helpful and sell their scrap by the pound or fraction thereof. I believe it was $48/lb the last time I bought some.

Tony
The tightrope between being strange and being creative is too narrow to walk without occasionally landing on both sides..." Scott Berkun
camaro

Post by camaro »

I use Austin Thin Films now known by Dichro Magic, they sell scrap for $ 25.00 a lb. go to:

dicromagic.com
Tess Farley

COE 96 scrap dichro

Post by Tess Farley »

I recently purchased about a pound of COE 96 Scrap dichroic from Carol Fonda of Auburn, California, phone for orders 888-944-3667. There were even some patterns in it. Price was $24.00.