SURPRISE from fiance!!!

This is the main board for discussing general techniques, tools, and processes for fusing, slumping, and related kiln-forming activities.

Moderators: Brad Walker, Tony Smith

molly

SURPRISE from fiance!!!

Post by molly »

:D Hi everybody! I m on a little "mini vacation" right now, helping my mom get settled into her summer house. Anyway, fiance just called, and he got me a NEW KILN! YAY! Well, it is a good used kiln, but he says it is a large CRESS brand. It heats up great, and I can't wait to get home tomorrow and see it! Darn! I have a jewelry showing on Monday, and won't have the time to play with ny new "toy" until the afternoon. Can't WAIT to fuse some glass again! YAY! I am so excited. NOW I KNOW why I fell in love with him....LOL! He is so sweet and thoughtful!!!! (AND he spoils me...) :oops: I will let you all know how my next pieces turn out....thanks for all the help so far....(and thanks for the email, Tony...).I am sure I will be coming back with yet more questions soon!
Kitty

Post by Kitty »

i've got a Cress for my jewelry production. been running it daily for about six years. whatta workhorse. a *wink* at ya for your taste in men. nice! i was delighted to receive a drill press on my 50th birthday from a man who likes me. some guys know what a girl REALLY wants.
KellyG

Post by KellyG »

That is exciting. The only diamonds I want are 50/100/200 etc. disks. :wink:

...Kelly
molly

Post by molly »

Kitty & Kelly: Sounds like we are all "kindred spirits"! My Mom gave me a drill press last Christmas....what a wonderful toy! Very handy in jewelry making. I had to keep an eye on my brother, he liked it so much...LOL!
Terry, my fiance, is VERY good to me. He just planted about 3 acres of pasture for our horses, SINGLE HANDEDLY....bought me a beautiful engagement ring...Tanzanite and diamonds in white gold...beautiful! And now the kiln thing. He ALWAYS puts my wants and needs above his own. However, I am going to make it up to him. He has surgery (for a hernia...number 2!) coming up early next month. I am going to spoil him as much as he will let me during his recovery time. I know what you mean about wanting tools....or should I say NEEDING tools....I think guys like us "practical minded" girls. HA! We are "unique" and "one of a kind"...just like the art we produce!
quill

Post by quill »

KAG wrote:That is exciting. The only diamonds I want are 50/100/200 etc. disks. :wink:

...Kelly
Good choice. Much more practical than the other kind.