Dumb question....

This is the main board for discussing general techniques, tools, and processes for fusing, slumping, and related kiln-forming activities.

Moderators: Brad Walker, Tony Smith

Lorelei

Dumb question....

Post by Lorelei »

I've been experimenting with dichro in making bracelets. I just received a full sheet of DT2 pattern on Bullseye Thin Black glass from CBS. Now for the dumb question:

When fired, will the obvious pattern diffuse? ie: will the dots blend out?
"When I was a boy I was told that anybody could become President;
I'm beginning to believe it."

-- Clarence Seward Darrow (1857-1938)
Kitty

Post by Kitty »

i dont think so ... i had a piece of this as a sample, the bigger dots, and they stayed crisp.
Lorelei

Post by Lorelei »

ugh... I was soooo hoping. (not real thrilled with dots) I guess I could always rake it about with a BBQ fork eh?

Kitty

Post by Kitty »

someone else once mentioned that they had designed a pendant featuring a single dichroic dot. that could look good, especially if you put a piece of clear over the dot to add depth.

if the dots were on clear instead of black, you could overlay them upside down on other dichro, and probably get a neat effect. i dont use dichro on black, so i'm not much help in offering tips.
Tony Smith

Post by Tony Smith »

Lorelei,

Did you buy directly from CBS? You might call them and ask them if you can return it for a solid or one of their other patterns... as long as the sheet is undamaged, uncut, etc... they may take it back... you never know unless you ask.

Tony
The tightrope between being strange and being creative is too narrow to walk without occasionally landing on both sides..." Scott Berkun
Lorelei

Post by Lorelei »

Unfortunately I didn't buy this direct. I'll contact the place I did and see if they'll exchange it. Thanks for the info everyone.