fun panel

Want to share a photo of your work? Or get feedback on a new piece? Post it here. (Note: items in this forum are deleted periodically, generally after several months.)

Moderator: Brad Walker

Don Burt

fun panel

Post by Don Burt »

I got a panel done last night. I think its a fun piece. The front flashed strips can be slid out of their rails and repositioned to make different combinations. Plus if the owner drops and breaks one, I get more work out of the deal. Its going in a bathroom. Most of it is Lambert's and St Just flash, with silver stain, rather ineffective lustres, and the squiggly white and green border is fused BE.
quill

Post by quill »

Very cool! How big is this?
Don Burt

Post by Don Burt »

quill wrote:Very cool! How big is this?
thanky...its 24" square
Bert Weiss

Re: fun panel

Post by Bert Weiss »

db wrote:I got a panel done last night. I think its a fun piece. The front flashed strips can be slid out of their rails and repositioned to make different combinations. Plus if the owner drops and breaks one, I get more work out of the deal. Its going in a bathroom. Most of it is Lambert's and St Just flash, with silver stain, rather ineffective lustres, and the squiggly white and green border is fused BE.
DB

The piece looks cool. Photography is nearly impossible on a window like this. I'd like to pose some questions about the design. Does the Bullseye glass look dead juxtaposed with the Lamberts? If so, might the BE look better as an outer border, kind of like a picture frame matt? It is hard to tell from the photo. Does the sunlight halite around the BE as the glasses on either side are more transparent and lively?
Bert

Bert Weiss Art Glass*
http://www.customartglass.com
Furniture Lighting Sculpture Tableware
Architectural Commissions
Don Burt

Re: fun panel

Post by Don Burt »

Bert Weiss wrote:
DB

The piece looks cool. Photography is nearly impossible on a window like this. I'd like to pose some questions about the design. Does the Bullseye glass look dead juxtaposed with the Lamberts? If so, might the BE look better as an outer border, kind of like a picture frame matt? It is hard to tell from the photo. Does the sunlight halite around the BE as the glasses on either side are more transparent and lively?
Thanks Bert. The bullseye is a transparent bluegreen on top of a white opal, so yes, its considerably less-vivid than the inner and outer parts. The original design had the outer border less strong too, but it turned out strong. I haven't seen the piece in good light. I would expect it halate in bright sun quite a bit ( I firepolished the center strips. They'll let a lot of light through). Its such an in-your-face kind of design, and will be displayed in such tight quarters, that I don't know what to expect. Hope the client likes it.