dichro tile 2" x 2"

Want to share a photo of your work? Or get feedback on a new piece? Post it here. (Note: items in this forum are deleted periodically, generally after several months.)

Moderator: Brad Walker

Bert Weiss

dichro tile 2" x 2"

Post by Bert Weiss »

Here is a healed tile. The rest are recooking now, ready in the morning. The picture doesn't really show, but it is a nice glossy cab.
Bert

Bert Weiss Art Glass*
http://www.customartglass.com
Furniture Lighting Sculpture Tableware
Architectural Commissions
rosanna gusler

Post by rosanna gusler »

way cool bert! i would love to see the installation. they remind me of abalone. rosanna
dee

Re: dichro tile 2" x 2"

Post by dee »

Bert Weiss wrote:Image

Here is a healed tile. The rest are recooking now, ready in the morning. The picture doesn't really show, but it is a nice glossy cab.
very nice ;) how thick are they? and will you take a pic of them installed?
D
Dee Janssen
Unicorn's Creations Studio
http://ucjewelry.com
dee@ucjewelry.com
Jackie Beckman

Post by Jackie Beckman »

Wow, very nice Bert. I know they are for a kitchen backsplash, and they are the accent tiles, right? What sort of tile are they being paired with again? Solid black, was that it? And what type of countertops, cabinets, and flooring do they have? I'm trying to get the whole image in my head. Nice looking tiles!

Jackie
Bert Weiss

Post by Bert Weiss »

Jackie Beckman wrote:Wow, very nice Bert. I know they are for a kitchen backsplash, and they are the accent tiles, right? What sort of tile are they being paired with again? Solid black, was that it? And what type of countertops, cabinets, and flooring do they have? I'm trying to get the whole image in my head. Nice looking tiles!

Jackie
They are for a friend's kitchen, so I'll get installation pictures. The tiles are about 3/8" thick. The sides are 5/16" and I mounded up the clear frit. The installation will be with stainless steel 4" x 4" tiles. The steel tiles will have a corner cutout so that the dichro 2x2's are set in diamond shape at the intersection of 4 tiles. The stainless steel tiles are thin stainless with bent edges, filled with cement. The kitchen is all new, contemporary wood cabinets etc.
Bert

Bert Weiss Art Glass*
Jackie Beckman

Post by Jackie Beckman »

They are for a friend's kitchen, so I'll get installation pictures. The tiles are about 3/8" thick. The sides are 5/16" and I mounded up the clear frit. The installation will be with stainless steel 4" x 4" tiles. The steel tiles will have a corner cutout so that the dichro 2x2's are set in diamond shape at the intersection of 4 tiles. The stainless steel tiles are thin stainless with bent edges, filled with cement. The kitchen is all new, contemporary wood cabinets etc.
Oh my - that sounds fantastic! Can't wait to see installation pictures!
Jackie
Paulette

Post by Paulette »

So how did you heal them? I was following your other post about the dimples but didn't see a solution.

Paulette
Bert Weiss

Post by Bert Weiss »

Paulette wrote:So how did you heal them? I was following your other post about the dimples but didn't see a solution.

Paulette
Paulette

I simply refired them at the same schedule to 1475 for 24 minutes. On the ones where there were rough spots, I belt sanded them. On many of the dimples I placed a chip of clear frit on top. Oh yeah and I coated all of them with borax solution on the top only.

There were still a few dimples but they were not killer looking. I just delivered the job and my client was happy. She should have been as I charged her half price of what I thik they were worth. And They were actually more difficult to make than what I perceive they are worth in the market place. I think the market price for these is $10/square inch.
Bert

Bert Weiss Art Glass*
Paulette

Post by Paulette »

Wow. per square inch???? Great work, by the way.

Paulette