Super Spray

This is the main board for discussing general techniques, tools, and processes for fusing, slumping, and related kiln-forming activities.

Moderators: Brad Walker, Tony Smith

paulfjackson

Super Spray

Post by paulfjackson »

I purchased a bottle of "Super Spray" by FuseMaster. I also purchased a small spray bottle. The Super Spray is so thick it wrecked the spray bottle and froze it up the works before anything came out. What did I do wrong? What do the rest of you use to "Spray" "Super Spray"? I stopped before I wrecked another spray bottle with 975 Back Magic. It apears to be at least as thick as SS.
Paul F. Jackson
Looking Glass Studio
"What are you looking at?"
Lisa Allen

Post by Lisa Allen »

I use a little Badger from Michael's that uses canned air as a propellant. I find it odd that your SS is thick though. I have a few bottles and all of them are pretty liquidy..... :-k
Lisa Allen
http://www.lisa-allen.com
Today's mighty oak is just yesterday's nut that held its ground.
Geri Comstock

Post by Geri Comstock »

I apply it with a .5" artist's paint brush, move it around to get a unifrom coat, let the excess drip off, wipe off the back to make sure none has gotten on it and fire.

Geri
paulfjackson

Post by paulfjackson »

The place I bought SuperSpray and 975 Back Magic from sent me an email. These products are not intended to be "sprayed" with a "spray" bottle. I'm supposed to use an airbrush which uses a compressor or canned air. They suggested using a brush. Seems like they should say that on the bottle or something. Perhaps they could re name the product "Super Brush On" :roll:
Paul F. Jackson
Looking Glass Studio
"What are you looking at?"
lissa

Post by lissa »

Is there a problem if some gets on the underside?

lissa.
jim simmons

Post by jim simmons »

lissa wrote:Is there a problem if some gets on the underside?

lissa.
YES
Jim
lissa

Post by lissa »

What is it? I have never been careful on that matter and haven't noticed anything but would like to avoid potential problems.

lissa.
Geri Comstock

Post by Geri Comstock »

It sticks to the kiln wash and you get little splotches of kiln wash on the back that are very difficult to get off.

Geri