Indoor Booth displays

The forum for discussion on business aspects of working with glass.

Moderator: Brad Walker

JJ

Indoor Booth displays

Post by JJ »

Hi Y'all! This is my first post, but I've been one of those lurkers for a long time. I want to thank everyone for being so helpful on this board- I've learned sooooooo much. Now for my question. I'm getting ready to do some indoor shows and need to put together a new booth. There are alot of options for pipe systems and I was wondering if anyone had some suggestions on ones you have used and loved and ones that you've hated.Can't use a tent structure and need adjustable poles. Does anyone use the ones from Dealer's Supply? Second question- I show jewelry exclusively at my booth- I've noticed some posts that when jewelry was under glass that some artists stopped selling their jewelry as well. I am thinking of buying some dynamic display cases and want to know if those of you that use glass cases have run into a problem selling your jewelry under glass. Dee, if you see this post, I'd be intersted in what you think as you have mentioned how much you like your cases. I'd appreciate any help y'all can give me!!! Haven't figured out smilies yet, so just imagine that I put one there!
JJ in NC
dee

Re: Indoor Booth displays

Post by dee »

JJ wrote:Hi Y'all! This is my first post, but I've been one of those lurkers for a long time. I want to thank everyone for being so helpful on this board- I've learned sooooooo much. Now for my question. I'm getting ready to do some indoor shows and need to put together a new booth. There are alot of options for pipe systems and I was wondering if anyone had some suggestions on ones you have used and loved and ones that you've hated.Can't use a tent structure and need adjustable poles. Does anyone use the ones from Dealer's Supply? Second question- I show jewelry exclusively at my booth- I've noticed some posts that when jewelry was under glass that some artists stopped selling their jewelry as well. I am thinking of buying some dynamic display cases and want to know if those of you that use glass cases have run into a problem selling your jewelry under glass. Dee, if you see this post, I'd be intersted in what you think as you have mentioned how much you like your cases. I'd appreciate any help y'all can give me!!! Haven't figured out smilies yet, so just imagine that I put one there!
hi jj, yes i have the dynamic display jewelry cases - while i haven't noticed any drop off in sales, i do have much less irritation from having to constantly put things back where they are supposed to be and therefore much more energy than when i had things displayed in an open setting but i also do have a variety of pieces on stands on top of the cases on the back and my earrings are on swivel stands on a separate pedestals - so i have jewelry they can touch as well as some "under glass" which adds an elegant look to your booth and i think at retail shows there is something subliminal about jewelry items under glass are "better" or "more valuable" or however you put it so i actually do both.... and at a good show i will have a few "buying frenzies" at the cases where i've got several customers asking to look at things in the cases at the same time....
D
Dee Janssen
Unicorn's Creations Studio
http://ucjewelry.com
dee@ucjewelry.com