Commission pictures

Want to share a photo of your work? Or get feedback on a new piece? Post it here. (Note: items in this forum are deleted periodically, generally after several months.)

Moderator: Brad Walker

Amy on Salt Spring

Commission pictures

Post by Amy on Salt Spring »

Thought I'd post a picture of my latest commission, just installed last week. Four panels, each 2 feet wide by 6 feet tall, all Bullseye glass sheets and rods. The picture below is a studio shot of the entire piece--if you would like to see pictures of the piece installed, or details of the panels, or information about how it is put together, you can find all of that on my website at http://www.amybuchwaldglass.com/commissions.html
-Amy

rosanna gusler

Post by rosanna gusler »

wow amy! that is so happy. what kind of wire did you use? love all of the vitriograph pieces but the 'raindrops' are really special. rosanna
Leslie Ihde

Amy's glass

Post by Leslie Ihde »

Hi Amy- very, very nice. I've been admiring your glass, but also the way you describe it on your site. The squares of the window panes behind your disign- was that a necessary part of the site, or purposeful on your part? I mean, it looks like the window had pane dividers that are square, but larger than your pieces.
At first, on the bb, I thought the glass was all one piece, but the web site suggests the little squares are part of a hanging collage or mosaic in space. Great effect. So it looks like when you installed, you worked with the existing window and added your art with out altering the original context- am I right?
Leslie
Amy on Salt Spring

Thanks! The divisions in the windows were already there. In a couple of the photographs they look quite dark but that was the result of something the photographer did in taking the pictures. In reality it looks more like they do in the first few pictures of the piece installed--they are white and don't intrude too much. I struggled with that problem when I was designing the piece. If I made a piece that tried to fit itself into those large square sizes it would not have worked for what I wanted to do at all and since you see the piece from all angles, below and all the way up the stairs that wouldn't have worked anyway. So I did a little experimenting and then went ahead on faith that it would work. After they were up the homeowners said they had been a little concerned about that too but they didn't think it interefered with the design at all. That was a big relief. The only change I made to the window was to add a little strip of wood on the inside of the window frame so that the frames of the piece could sit up against something. Did I answer all your questions?
Amy
Robin Z

Post by Robin Z »

Amy

I love it and it reminds me of Spring. :D :D :D :D

Robin Z
Leslie Ihde

Post by Leslie Ihde »

Yes, Amy, you answered all my questions, but one more. Do you do all the installation yourself, or do you have the help of a guy with power tools? leslie
K Okahashi

Post by K Okahashi »

All I can say is WOW! :D Love the aliens and the raindrops! Such an inspiration!
Amy on Salt Spring

Leslie Ihde wrote:Yes, Amy, you answered all my questions, but one more. Do you do all the installation yourself, or do you have the help of a guy with power tools? leslie
I have this great guy (with lots of power tools) who helps me with frames and installing. He can build/fix pretty much anything and is a graphic designer, website creator/programmer and photographer for a living so does my site and my photography as well. On top of that he does all of this for free and gives great footrubs. In other words, I married well! :lol:
Amy
Amy on Salt Spring

Keiko Okahashi wrote:All I can say is WOW! :D Love the aliens and the raindrops! Such an inspiration!
They are supposed to just look like little stylized people (all of the different things are supposed to be sort of like primitive drawings in glass), but I like that you saw aliens, it made me laugh! Thanks!
Amy
Riverviewglass

Post by Riverviewglass »

Hi Amy -
these panels are awesome! Love the torchwork - adds so much interest - and the color choice flows so well.
Congratulations on a great install!
Kim K :D
Riverviewglass

Post by Riverviewglass »

Hi Amy -
these panels are awesome! Love the torchwork - adds so much interest - and the color choice flows so well.
Congratulations on a great install!
Kim K :D
Bonita (Nita) Crawford

Post by Bonita (Nita) Crawford »

Amy,

You did, indeed, marry well! So did I, but my man refuses to learn
to use the computer and certainly couldn't design a website. On the
other hand, he does great foot rubs and back rubs, designs my
iron stands and tables and does all the dishes. He also funds my
glass addiction. Aren't you and both lucky? I had never seen your website before, and I can't find the words to tell you how impressed I am with your work, both the variety and the quality. Go, girl!

Warmly,
Nita
Cindy next door

new piece

Post by Cindy next door »

Amy, that is just beautiful! I love your colors.

It's so awesome when you a work recognize who the artist is. I could see your style immediately.

I can hardly wait to find my "style!.
Cindy next door