Pot Melts -- Archives

This is the main board for discussing general techniques, tools, and processes for fusing, slumping, and related kiln-forming activities.

Moderators: Brad Walker, Tony Smith

Judy Schnabel

Pot Melts -- Archives

Post by Judy Schnabel »

A few months ago someone generously posted a compete tutorial (with pictures) of his pot melt. I printed the whole thing but now I can't seem to locate it.

I've done a search but I didn't seem to turn up the particular posting I was looking for.

Does anyone have a clue as to who posted this tutorial? I'm sure I could find it if I could search that person's name.

Thanks so much.

Judy
Brock

Post by Brock »

I think it was Rob Morey.
My memory is so good, I can't remember the last time I forgot something . . .
Judy Schnabel

pot melt -- archives

Post by Judy Schnabel »

Brock,

I checked Rob in the archives and he does indeed have a link to a site, but this person posted pictures of his flower pot on dams, etc. There was no link to a site. The pictures were posted on the bb.

Thanks for your help though.

Judy
Randy W

Post by Randy W »

Try a search using the words " The skinny on pot melts "
Is this what you're looking for?

Randy
Judy Schnabel

Pot Melts

Post by Judy Schnabel »

Thanks Randy.

This is what I was searching for. I'd never make a good witness in a criminal case. I could have sworn you posted the pictures here on the bb. But now that I checked out the links, those are the pictures I remember.

My great niece is spending 10 days with me during her Christmas vacation and I'm trying to find some interesting things for us to try while she's here.

She came back from spending a weekend at Centre DeVerre and she is really psyched about glass.

Thanks for your help.

Judy
Doris Sisk

Post by Doris Sisk »

Judy,
As I recall Steve Immerman (http://www.clearwaterglass.com) posted pictures of his pot melts.
Doris