Christmas SUncatcher

Want to share a photo of your work? Or get feedback on a new piece? Post it here. (Note: items in this forum are deleted periodically, generally after several months.)

Moderator: Brad Walker

Don Burt

Christmas SUncatcher

Post by Don Burt »

Got a prototype made of this year's Christmas suncatcher. It needs somethings done better (tree sucks) but I like the idea. The more you fire Reusche bright white enamel, the grayer it gets. White goes-on last from now on. Have to put the glass paint away anyway and start on pumpkin carving.

Suzan

Post by Suzan »

This is beautiful! What's wrong with the tree? The bit of the branch attached to the trunk seems too uniform, but the trunk look perfect. The squirrel is adorable and beautifully rendered, especially the tail. It looks very soft and furry!.

Cheers,
Suzan
Cher

Post by Cher »

love it, love it love it!!! absolutely winter holiday.
>^..^<
rosanna gusler

Post by rosanna gusler »

i like it db. acorn with a bow. rosanna
SAReed

Post by SAReed »

I thought it was leaning against the tree for the photo and didn't understand why you thought it sucked #-o It looks very real. I agree with Suzan that the one branch looks a bit uniform, but the rest is beautiful.
Stacey
Don Burt

Post by Don Burt »

Thanks for the nice comments. I'm particular about trees. I can do a better tree than that. I usually make a dozen or two of the suncatchers, by the end of each series, I've just about got the hang of it. - Its pumpkin carving time.