home biz and licensing

The forum for discussion on business aspects of working with glass.

Moderator: Brad Walker

Pam

home biz and licensing

Post by Pam »

I'm getting ready to get a biz license. I have a workshop in the backyard and intend to use it as a "home office". In addition to a kiln, I've got some lampworking eqpt including a couple oxy/propane torches. Any experience on fire inspectors and their attitude toward torches? I know this will vary from state to state and city to city but any advice or experiences would be helpful. My inclination is to have the torches go on vacation while the inspections are done.

TIA,
Pam
Kitty

Post by Kitty »

based on previous discussions here on the topic of fire inspectors, BE VERY VERY QUIET. dont invite them over for a look-see. read all about it in the archives.
KILN-TEC

Post by KILN-TEC »

Dear Pam:
Listen to Kitty, I agree 100%. In a previous life (b4 Glass), I had the Fire Dept. write me up for having a plastic wastebasket in the washroom. ( Kent, Wa.) I mentioned that the Toilet Paper & Paper Towels might be more flammable than the wastebasket. Fire Dept. not amused. Me neither, true story!
Rich KILN-TEC
rosanna gusler

Post by rosanna gusler »

in my life i have found that "it is easier to beg forgivness, than obtain permission" i do not know who wrote that, but it is true. rosanna