Finally got to meet one of you

This is the main board for discussing general techniques, tools, and processes for fusing, slumping, and related kiln-forming activities.

Moderators: Brad Walker, Tony Smith

BobbieMatus

Finally got to meet one of you

Post by BobbieMatus »

Just wanted to say it was soooo nice meeting Stuart over the week-end while I was doing a show. Didn't know anyone was in Florida with the exception of Jim (the Hobbyist). Thanks for coming in my booth, glad to meet ya
Bobbie
glassart

Post by glassart »

What part of Florida are you in? Live up in the Panhandle (some call it "lower Alabama). 8)
BobbieMatus

Florida

Post by BobbieMatus »

I'm in the North end of Palm Beach Gardens almost Jupiter. Pretty far from the Pan Handle.
Bobbie
Stuart Clayman

Post by Stuart Clayman »

Bobbie,
It was nice meeting you also. I loved seeing your work on the internet, but loved it more in person.
I do not live in Fla but I come down there a lot to visit. Especially around craft shows.

Stuart
BobbieMatus

Post by BobbieMatus »

How, nice. I always say, sooner or later everyone comes to Florida.
Bobbie
Jack Bowman

Post by Jack Bowman »

luvhug wrote:How, nice. I always say, sooner or later everyone comes to Florida.
Bobbie
Good thing you don't have mountains, they'd never leave.

Jack
BobbieMatus

Miss the mountains

Post by BobbieMatus »

Been to Utah once when the kids were little and we did a cross country trip with a motorhome. Truly beautiful place. I'm originally from New York and do miss the mountains and especially miss rocks. Florida has no real rocks just that coral stuff. Before I moved to Fl. I lived in Rockland county. Mountains and rocks everywhere. Whenever I visit my daughter in Lake Peekskill New York I want to take home those rocks that everyone takes for granted. I made a beautiful rock garden in her backyard last year for her.
Bobbie