paragon high fire kiln advice

Want to share a photo of your work? Or get feedback on a new piece? Post it here. (Note: items in this forum are deleted periodically, generally after several months.)

Moderator: Brad Walker

sarahec37

paragon high fire kiln advice

Post by sarahec37 »

can anyone tell me if the paragon high fire kiln will be ok to fuse jewellery in and will i need a digital computerised temp controller and if yes whats the best one for the work i want to do :?:

sarah
suzmary

Post by suzmary »

Hello, Sarah. I doesn't look like you received any replies. Do you mean the QuikFire, or RapidFire kiln, the little one that looks like a mini spaceship? If that's the one you're referring to, yes you can fuse small pieces for jewelry, coasters and other small items. That's what I have, and boy would a computer controller be nice, as you have to sit and babysit this little bugger the whole time. Well, you should sit with any kiln, but you literally have to be "right there" lest you mistakenly turn your back and your pieces melt themselves right out the sides, as mine did! Almost a very scary situation, one I'd not like to repeat.

The cost of a controller would not be worth it for this kiln, though. Better off saving for a bigger one with a controller, if this is the one you are referring to. That's what I'm doing, anyway. Doesn't seem much sense to spend $300-$400 to put on this little thing with a 4.5" shelf space.

If you have any questions about smaller items using this kind of kiln, feel free to either post here or email me. I'd be glad to answer any that I can.
"Far and away the best prize that life offers is the chance to work hard at work worth doing." Theodore Roosevelt