sand blaster foot switch

This is the main board for discussing general techniques, tools, and processes for fusing, slumping, and related kiln-forming activities.

Moderators: Brad Walker, Tony Smith

jim simmons

sand blaster foot switch

Post by jim simmons »

Can anyone please tell me some where to get instructions (kit) to
convert my HF pressure pot blaster to a foot operated switch.
Thanks
The other Jim
Rick Wilton

Re: sand blaster foot switch

Post by Rick Wilton »

I bought a kit from ikonics. It came with the valve, foot switch and regulators.

Works great, they have different types of valves. I bought the pinch valve rather than the diaphragm valve.

http://ikonicsimaging.com/

http://ikonicsimaging.com/wp/store/prod ... way-valve/
Rick Wilton
Marty

Post by Marty »

Glastar's got one too.
Don Burt

Post by Don Burt »

I have a diaphram one I got from an individual manufacturer in Florida. I don't think he still sells anything. I took it off and don't use it because I got annoyed with all the extra hosery and stuff and the occasional clogs. It worked OK. Instead I put my pressure pot on a stand with casters, so I can more easily reach the abrasive valve lever. I still have to remove my right hand from the glove to manipulate the valve, which still sort of sucks but at least the lever is right there. Maybe its time for me to look at Rick's Ikonics links.
Rick Wilton

Post by Rick Wilton »

before the foot valve, I had a ball valve attached to the cabinet. It worked ok but the new valve setup works great.

The old diaphragm setup was a pain, they did clog and the gasket would wear out fairly quickly as the abrasive made a 90 degree turn in the housing.

The pinch valves allow for perfectly straight free flowing of abrasive until you release the pedal, then the valve gets pinched shut.
Rick Wilton