Bubble blocks, last of ther all sorts!!

Want to share a photo of your work? Or get feedback on a new piece? Post it here. (Note: items in this forum are deleted periodically, generally after several months.)

Moderator: Brad Walker

Haydo

Bubble blocks, last of ther all sorts!!

Post by Haydo »

Was starting to wonder for awhile. Got back from Nauru in one piece with a fairly clear idea that I had to go back to basics with these blocks. Was isolated with gastro at a lovely hotel for three nights before NYE and as I was scraping vegemite onto my bread with my room key to make a cold rice roll it all came to me regarding three uniquely different works that I've been evolving, one of which is a group of blocks. Guess it comes down to sub conscience working behind the scenes. Will have to see if I CAN DO IT. peace, haydo
Have steered away from this idea of creating an "all sort", it will work well for a much bigger slab with multiple layers and bubbles timed differently.
Have steered away from this idea of creating an "all sort", it will work well for a much bigger slab with multiple layers and bubbles timed differently.
This is the most boring angle of my first success with bigger bubbles, can't give too much away. It is the first of a group.
This is the most boring angle of my first success with bigger bubbles, can't give too much away. It is the first of a group.
Life is like a raft, so be like a rat!...Challenging being a captain type rat though, going down with each ship and all!!
S.TImmerman

Re: Bubble blocks, last of ther all sorts!!

Post by S.TImmerman »

very colorful - nice and clear too!!

great job!!!
Haydo

Post by Haydo »

Thank you. Just waiting for third attempt with a block just using whites and clear, then it's onto stacking two caldera's for taller blocks to complete the project. Have made a few now, and am looking forward to seeing how a layer of pattern will look after distortion with a bubble. peace, haydo
Life is like a raft, so be like a rat!...Challenging being a captain type rat though, going down with each ship and all!!
Buttercup

Post by Buttercup »

Just found this post.....do you think you need to explain 'vegemite' and 'allsort' :D ? See from your recent post that there's an ambitious effort about to come out of the kiln. Look forward to seeing it.
Haydo

Post by Haydo »

Nah! Jen, like to be vague so I don't get held to account for my actions. The first taller block I'm doing has many more layers of colour so I have sort of returned to the idea of the All Sort minus the licorice. peace, haydo
Buttercup

Post by Buttercup »

To this day I can't eat licorice allsorts. The sight of them makes me squeamish! As a kid, on an occasion away from parental control, I ate far too many and was horribly ill. I'll peek at your glass confection through my fingertips.

Edit: Inserted 'u' after 'q'.
Last edited by Buttercup on Mon May 19, 2014 1:49 am, edited 1 time in total.
Haydo

Post by Haydo »

Could hardly believe the first comment, but now I understand. Actually the first image in this post has been shaped in a roundish fashion and polished, for jewellery box once I make a cast float glass lid to finish it off. peace, haydo