Board display is 4-7x deeper than usual

Post here if you need help on anything related to the board and how things work. If you need help on warm glass topics, use the Kiln-forming Discussion Board.

Moderator: Brad Walker

KaCe

Board display is 4-7x deeper than usual

Post by KaCe »

Brad,

Up until two days ago the following situation has never occurred on this site or any other one. I will attach a photo.
When I log in I get the standard display. Then after a brief moment it turns into a deep display of the topics. It is very deep and varies (not uniform). It is so undesirable. Did I accidentally reset something? I hope you can solve this as it makes viewing the board difficult and all the scrolling is maddening.
This is how it has changed.
This is how it has changed.
This is how I usually see it. I consider this normal.
This is how I usually see it. I consider this normal.
Brad Walker
Site Admin

Re: Board display is 4-7x deeper than usual

Post by Brad Walker »

I haven't changed anything at all in the board software recently, so I'm not sure what could be going on. Does it happen before you log in or only after? Does refreshing/reloading the page change anything?
KaCe

Post by KaCe »

When I reload it may or may not clear it. I have reloaded from 5-8 times before it goes away and then when it comes back I notice that the dashes in the blue type above this window display in code... which makes me wonder why it is diverting to code. I'm befuddled. :?:

Has anyone else reported this anomaly? I'll see if it is my browser and do some checking of that. Thank you for answering.

KaCe
Attachments
note the code for dash...
note the code for dash...
KaCe

Post by KaCe »

When I was writing you back the links above looked normal. As soon as I hit submit they turned into the look of the attachment in my previous post. I was using Firefox. I am now using Safari. I will make notes on whether or not Safari does this behavior or just Firefox.

KaCe
Brad Walker
Site Admin

Post by Brad Walker »

No one else has reported the problem, so I suspect it has something to do with some setting on your computer. But I'm not savvy enough to know exactly what.

I use Firefox and don't see the problem. If the problem happens with another browser, too, try a different computer to see what happens. If it happens only with Firefox, it's possible you have a plugin issue with Firefox -- go to their plugin check page and see if it flags any problem areas: https://www.mozilla.org/en-US/plugincheck/