Sandblaster dust collector

This is the main board for discussing general techniques, tools, and processes for fusing, slumping, and related kiln-forming activities.

Moderators: Brad Walker, Tony Smith

Greg Rawls

Sandblaster dust collector

Post by Greg Rawls »

Does anyone have a recommendation for a dust collector for a sandblaster? I use a HF siphon cabinet. Thanks!
Greg
Tony Smith

Re: Sandblaster dust collector

Post by Tony Smith »

I've been using thee TP Tools HEPA dust collector for years with excellent results.
http://www.tptools.com/VAC-45-HEPA-Vacu ... l?b=d*8035

Tony
The tightrope between being strange and being creative is too narrow to walk without occasionally landing on both sides..." Scott Berkun
Marty

Post by Marty »

There's a bucket-sized collector that can go between the cabinet and the vacuum- anyone recommend it?
Brad Walker
Site Admin

Post by Brad Walker »

Marty wrote:There's a bucket-sized collector that can go between the cabinet and the vacuum- anyone recommend it?
I use one with my CNC machine, it works very well there, can't think of any reason why it wouldn't work with a sandblasting setup. The brand I have is called a Dust Deputy, around $90
Yardic Glassworks

Post by Yardic Glassworks »

I use a bucket set up between my cabinet and the dust collector. It is amazing how much dust/grit that it recovers and prevents from going into the dust collector. I highly recommend it. Tim
Tim Yardic
Yardic Glassworks
Greg Rawls

Post by Greg Rawls »

Thanks! I will look into it. I bought the cyclone/bucket that works with the vacuum but it did not work for me.
Greg