pricing photo resist work

The forum for discussion on business aspects of working with glass.

Moderator: Brad Walker

Carol

pricing photo resist work

Post by Carol »

Hi all. The fellow who does my carving and blasting for me knows I have a photoresist system and is bringing me a job for quote. I know I'll have to have camara ready art printed out in the best way to get as many multiples on each sheet as possible. I know where I'll get that done and how much it will cost.

I know the formula...take your time, add materials, overhead and profit. I don't know how long it takes to do a run of multiple copies of the same design. I've only played around with one-off photoresist things as part of some experimental work, not as a job in itself and didn't pay that much attention to how long it takes to develop each image start to finish. (Ooops...)

Is there a thumbnail...price per square inch? per sheet of images? Any guidance on or off board would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance

Carol
Tony Smith

Post by Tony Smith »

Carol,

You could go to Rayzist's website where they have a photoresist calculator. http://www.rayzist.com/supplies/custom_mask_quote.asp

Of course it is intented to be used to price work that they are doing, but it can give you a good baseline to work from. The last time I used it was to price some 2½ x 2½ resists which worked out to be about $1.00 each.

Tony
The tightrope between being strange and being creative is too narrow to walk without occasionally landing on both sides..." Scott Berkun
Carol

Post by Carol »

Brilliant Tony...that's just what I needed. Thanks