Is it plagiarism?

This is the main board for discussing general techniques, tools, and processes for fusing, slumping, and related kiln-forming activities.

Moderators: Brad Walker, Tony Smith

Marty

continuing ed.

Post by Marty »

There's a great book by Brad Walker........

And you could take a class with Avery and whatsisname.....
Simon

Post by Simon »

[quote="Brock Do you think I could do them in frit? How would you portray the rain on the cobblestones? [/quote]

Sure. Glad to help.

1. Take a graduated handful of short blue grey streamers. Stand at the top of your near-finished masterpiece. Throw them towards the foot of the piece.

2. Carefully adjust with tweezers any that have landed on the glass with their longitudinal axes in a non-vertical (or maybe a slight angle to depict wind-driven rain) orientation.

3. Make out a royalty check for each iteration of this technique, payable to Simon care of Ripoff De Verre.
Brock

Post by Brock »

Simon wrote:[quote="Brock Do you think I could do them in frit? How would you portray the rain on the cobblestones?
Sure. Glad to help.

1. Take a graduated handful of short blue grey streamers. Stand at the top of your near-finished masterpiece. Throw them towards the foot of the piece.

2. Carefully adjust with tweezers any that have landed on the glass with their longitudinal axes in a non-vertical (or maybe a slight angle to depict wind-driven rain) orientation.

3. Make out a royalty check for each iteration of this technique, payable to Simon care of Ripoff De Verre.[/quote]

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

No, no, I meant the appearance of the rain on the cobblestones. The slickness, the sheen. Maybe I should just wipe them with Martin? Brock

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
My memory is so good, I can't remember the last time I forgot something . . .
Cindy next door

Post by Cindy next door »

My 2 cents..

From what I know of the old masters, they studied with the masters of their time and then the skills they learned influenced their work. I don't recall a painter studying sculpting techniques, but if he wanted to paint a body, he studied with someone who was good at that technique in painting or practiced away.

So, I think my point would be to take advantage of the classes we have with our fusing masters and let that influence our style and move us to push boundaries.
Cindy next door