Kula Mahina'ai bowl, before slump

Want to share a photo of your work? Or get feedback on a new piece? Post it here. (Note: items in this forum are deleted periodically, generally after several months.)

Moderator: Brad Walker

Linda Reed

Photos showing up or not...

Post by Linda Reed »

Kitty - beautiful plate!

Re viewing photo... I get no image in the posting when I view this thread from my ancient Mac iBook at home, using Camino 0.7.0, but it shows up at work on my fairly new PC using the latest Internet Explorer. Don't know if it's a browser thing or a Mac thing or an ancient computer thing...? Do Macs see bmps?

Linda
Kitty

Post by Kitty »

sorry linda, i cannot explain -- too new to computers to know why. a friend tweeked the jpeg for me, emailed it back, and i posted it. someone else had trouble seeing it at first. glad you succeeded -- i hope to have better camera soon. that picture was taken with a cheesy webcam. kitty.
Bert Weiss

Post by Bert Weiss »

Tony Smith wrote:Alright, I give up!!!

Kitty, I can't see your bowl... I've been watching this thread for a couple of days wondering if I was the only one, and apparently I am. Can you post the link?

Thanks

Tony
Kitty

Fun piece.

The reason Tony can't see your bowl is that he is not waiting long enough for it to load in. In other words next time you attach a picture you should make it a smaller file (72dpi resolution) so it loads faster. A computer screen reads 72 dpi so anything finer is just wasting time.
Bert

Bert Weiss Art Glass*
http://www.customartglass.com
Furniture Lighting Sculpture Tableware
Architectural Commissions
Kitty

Post by Kitty »

thank you, Bert. i'm just learning how to post pictures, and i will show your post to a friend who is helping me. somebody else here said it had to do with it being a bitmap ... afraid i dont know about such things.
Bert Weiss

Post by Bert Weiss »

Kitty wrote:thank you, Bert. i'm just learning how to post pictures, and i will show your post to a friend who is helping me. somebody else here said it had to do with it being a bitmap ... afraid i dont know about such things.
jpeg is the compressed standard that most people use.
Bert

Bert Weiss Art Glass*
http://www.customartglass.com
Furniture Lighting Sculpture Tableware
Architectural Commissions
Kitty

Post by Kitty »

i took the picture with a little web cam, and emailed it to a friend on the mainland (another person from this warm glass group), who sharpened it up for me. i dont know if it started life as a jpeg and became a bitmap after sharpening, or what. but thanks again for your comments ... i'll talk to my kona friend here about it -- i'm sure he can explain all this to me.