New addition to the menagerie

Want to share a photo of your work? Or get feedback on a new piece? Post it here. (Note: items in this forum are deleted periodically, generally after several months.)

Moderator: Brad Walker

Liam

Post by Liam »

Thanks for the pic and the links Ron. It was nice to revisit them as it reminded me of somthing I had planned way back when, but never got around to doing. You once had a link for bending the sides of the box. Is that still around? Did you ever try using plaster instead of sand for one of your boxes. I asume you like the sand because of the nice texture left behind. Is this correct?
Liam
Ron Coleman

Post by Ron Coleman »

Liam wrote:Thanks for the pic and the links Ron. It was nice to revisit them as it reminded me of somthing I had planned way back when, but never got around to doing. You once had a link for bending the sides of the box. Is that still around? Did you ever try using plaster instead of sand for one of your boxes. I asume you like the sand because of the nice texture left behind. Is this correct?
Liam
Was this the link about slumping the sides?

http://mrcol.freeyellow.com/goodglass/ubend.jpg

I tried the sand at first and then vermiculite. but I haven't tried plaster. I like the texture of sand over the vermiculite on bare glass but like the vermiculite finish on irid glass.

Ron
Ron Coleman

Post by Ron Coleman »

Kitty wrote: sexy piece, monsieur ron. nice 'n sexy. miss kitty.
Well thank you Miss Kitty. That's mighty nice of you to say so. :wink:

Matt
Liam

Post by Liam »

yup, that was it. thanks
Vermiculite. hmm. interesting

Liam
dee

Re: New addition to the menagerie

Post by dee »

[quote="Ron Coleman"]Just playing with some more techniques.

BE French vanilla with silver foil accents, brass inserts and ebony handle.

Fused freestanding in the kiln, no sand with this one.

Nice gloss finish too.

Ron

ron, one word

STUNNING!

:P

D
Dee Janssen
Unicorn's Creations Studio
http://ucjewelry.com
dee@ucjewelry.com
suzmary

Post by suzmary »

WOW, and WOW! That's beautiful, Ron.

I'll be free in 49 months, 2 days. I might actually have even been able to purchase a "real" kiln by that time. The marshmallow/spaceship Rapidfire I have now just won't cut it. I'm ready to come to Ohio to take instructions. Sign me up now!

Thanks for the links, too. I'll save them in my "SOMEDAY WHEN MY KILN COMES IN" file to try, along with the rest of the techniques you all share.

Big Smiles and again, great work! I'll periodically remind you as the months go by as to the start of class, LOL.

:D
"Far and away the best prize that life offers is the chance to work hard at work worth doing." Theodore Roosevelt