2 new pot drops

Want to share a photo of your work? Or get feedback on a new piece? Post it here. (Note: items in this forum are deleted periodically, generally after several months.)

Moderator: Brad Walker

Jon Wunderlich

2 new pot drops

Post by Jon Wunderlich »

Well, I still can't get a picture to appear in my post, (maybe msn won't let me do that either, they also have pop ups). Please click on my www at the bottom and look for New Pot Drop 1 & 2. These seem to have some bubbles that popped and filled in, they look kind of like little planets in orbit to me, oh well. They're 5 to 6 inches and hey at least they didn't stick like the last one. Didn't pull the pots out on these until they were done.

Thanks to all who have helped with this technique, it's been fun.

Jon
PaulS

Post by PaulS »

Jon, I found putting a chunk of clear into the hole left by the bubble and then refiring to full fuse is interesting. The hole gets filled and as the molten chunk levels out with the surface, what it also does is create a magnifying glass effect into the surface layer.

Paul
It ain't where you're from, it's where you're at!
Jon Wunderlich

Post by Jon Wunderlich »

Thanks Paul,

The thing is, there is no hole. The bubbles, if that's what they were, filled themselves in with color and are smooth and flat. Maybe they weren't even bubbles, that's just what they looked like to me.

Jon
Joanne Owsley

Re: 2 new pot drops

Post by Joanne Owsley »

Jon Wunderlich wrote:Please click on my www at the bottom and look for New Pot Drop 1 & 2.

Jon
I know it's Monday and maybe I'm just still in a daze, but I don't see a URL attached. Am I just blind?
PaulS

Post by PaulS »

It's the little www icon button thing underneath Jon's original post.

I just figured out today (duh) that some users don't notice the www icon so now I put my www address in the signature, like this...
It ain't where you're from, it's where you're at!
Jon Wunderlich

Post by Jon Wunderlich »

I used to put the address on the old board but since the new one has the icon I figured that was good enough. Along with the fact that my address is a mile long.

Jon