You show me yours ...

Want to share a photo of your work? Or get feedback on a new piece? Post it here. (Note: items in this forum are deleted periodically, generally after several months.)

Moderator: Brad Walker

Larry Lunsford

You show me yours ...

Post by Larry Lunsford »

Its been kind of quiet here the last few days.

I really enjoy seeing other peoples work. :)

You can see my latest humble attempts at my www. They do look better in person than my feeble photos.

Larry
Jackie Beckman

Post by Jackie Beckman »

http://dell.shutterfly.com/osi.jsp?i=67 ... 223099e4c3

Some are quite redundant, and others I've shown before, but once uploaded to my picture site I can't figure out how to delete the extras. Just change the slideshow setting to faster . . .
Ann Demko

wow

Post by Ann Demko »

Jackie, What a show fabulous!!! Thank you. Ann Demko
Haydo

Post by Haydo »

Why not show some oldies? These five are from the last three years working with the basics and am comfortable showing. I'm hoping to have more images to show as I crank up my new studio(3 pieces in various stages).
We've got a house/studio warming in just over a weeks time so I've got to lift my game. You can check it out at http://community.webshots.com/user/imagoman - Haydo
The Hobbyist

Post by The Hobbyist »

Jackie, I love the blue background piece and the black & white is stunning.

Thanks for posting them....................Jim
Jo Holt

Post by Jo Holt »

Jackie Beckman wrote:http://dell.shutterfly.com/osi.jsp?i=67 ... 223099e4c3

Some are quite redundant, and others I've shown before, but once uploaded to my picture site I can't figure out how to delete the extras. Just change the slideshow setting to faster . . .

Great work and texture! But, you had me scared - thought my monitor lost its colors for a minute :lol: The black and white was a neat surprise - surprises are good.
Jon Wunderlich

Post by Jon Wunderlich »

Jackie,

Thanks for the show!!! Your style is so unique, I always enjoy seeing new and old works. I would use the word consistent instead of redundant though.

Jon
Ron Coleman

Post by Ron Coleman »

Haydo wrote:Why not show some oldies? These five are from the last three years working with the basics and am comfortable showing. I'm hoping to have more images to show as I crank up my new studio(3 pieces in various stages).
We've got a house/studio warming in just over a weeks time so I've got to lift my game. You can check it out at http://community.webshots.com/user/imagoman - Haydo
Haydo

Enjoyed looking at the glass pieces, I go for the Yearning and Feeding Universe.

Looks like your new studio and house are ready to go.

Enjoyed seeing the pictures of all the construction. Framing techniques look about the same as we use.

Ron
Jim Wixon

Post by Jim Wixon »

Jackie...
Very strong graphic design. Thanks for showing your work. What are the basic sizes ?
jim
Barbara Muth

Post by Barbara Muth »

Jackie Beckman wrote:http://dell.shutterfly.com/osi.jsp?i=67 ... 223099e4c3

Jackie, I love your pieces and am fascinated by how you hung the black and white one. I am assuming wood painted black. How is the background piece attached to the wall? Is it screwed into studs?

Barbara
Barbara
Check out the glass manufacturer's recommended firing schedules...
LATEST GLASS
Jackie Beckman

Post by Jackie Beckman »

Thanks for the nice feedback - always a good gang around here for that. :)

Jim: Funny that you mention the blue piece. I'm not much of a blue lover - (well, I love the deep cobalt) but due to a mix up I have oodles of Egyptian Blue and figured I'd use some up. Really though I'm not as thrilled with that piece as some of the others. I was hoping for more deliniation between the strips to break up the solid looking background field, but was lazy and didn't test. I know better. Oh well - lots of other people like blue . . .

Jo: Nothing wrong with your screen - every now and then I do something like this to remind myself how to make a piece that doesn't rely on the color for all the punch. Few and far between though, huh?

Jon: Consistant was what I was hoping for with this body of work, but I used "redundant" because there are too many shots of each piece and once uploaded I couldn't seem to figure out how to delete the extras. But thank you. :)

Jim: The sizes are pretty varied. Some are as small as 12" squares, others as large as 23". There are also long and narrow, short and wide, etc. There will be some even longer and narrower ones after today when my roll of new thinfire gets here - like 40" x 10" and a few new multi-panel pieces too, with each of the components being fairly small but mounting up wall sized.

Barbara: The mounting on the one you speak of is powder-coated aluminum. We drilled and tapped holes to make it screw together for easier shipping. After shipping those "Sunnyside" people to Portland last year, I swore I'd never do anything that couldn't be easily taken apart again. Its mounted to the wall with a french cleat at the top and bottom of the piece.
Larry Lunsford

Post by Larry Lunsford »

I've made a few more pieces and added some more pics since I first posted this message.

http://home.netcom.com/~larry_l/stained_glass.htm

Larry
Kitty

Post by Kitty »

HAYDO - i like Cane Fire. is that enamels?
is sugar a crop where you are living?