Free Fused Patterns?

This is the main board for discussing general techniques, tools, and processes for fusing, slumping, and related kiln-forming activities.

Moderators: Brad Walker, Tony Smith

griz

Free Fused Patterns?

Post by griz »

Where can I find some
Free
fused glass patterns?
GlassOrchid

Post by GlassOrchid »

Griz:

What do you mean by Fused Glass Patterns? Like stained glass patterns but that you can fuse together? What kind of stuff are you trying to make?

Does anyone even make such things guys? If that's what they are then I suppose you could just take some stained glass pattens and jerry-rig them to work for fusing, no?

There are some how-to project articles on this site under Tutorial above and I have a few on my site at UGotGlass.com (link above too) under 'how-to' that you could use to make stuff if you're not actually looking for a 'flat' pattern but rather just instructions... also, Brad's book is offered on this site... it's not free but it's well worth the investment of 40something bucks and has lots of projects and pictures in it that you could use to fuel your imagination engine....

- Wants to be helpful but is confused
~N
The Hobbyist

Gil Reynold's Book

Post by The Hobbyist »

If you can find a copy of Gil Reynolds book, he's a sponsor of this board, you'll note that he has several patterns for pieces that are kindof a learn as you make them.

Jim
vblue

Post by vblue »

Try going to:
http://www.spectrumglass.com
click on their free patterns.
In set #17 there is a fused coaster pattern by Lisa Vogt.
Also look in in the last one......she had a fused Easter theme which Spectrum gave to retailers to give out as a free pattern.

Warner Criv. (which is another sponsor of this board) has a free stained glass pattern section.

You can take an ordinary stained glass pattern and fuse it. I have examples in my picture trail albums. Look mainly in my "sharing ideas" album. I also have a fused "kittie" and "mouse" that were stained glass patterns....they are in my "designs" album.........just examples to show you that regular patterns can be used.

http://www.picturetrail.com/vernelle

Hope this helps,
Vernelle