Kiln Repair Survey: JenKen Oval 13" vs Evenheat GTS 254

This is the main board for discussing general techniques, tools, and processes for fusing, slumping, and related kiln-forming activities.

Moderators: Brad Walker, Tony Smith

camaro

Kiln Repair Survey: JenKen Oval 13" vs Evenheat GTS 254

Post by camaro »

I am torn between the Jenken Oval 13" and the Evenheat GTS 2541 oval kilns. I am not sure which one to buy. I am leaning towards the Jenken because of their on/off toggle switch and the Bartlett 12 controller. However on this board I have yet to see anyone post about Repair problems or service they recieve.

REPAIRS: ELECTRICAL--or OTHER PROBLEMS

?: If you own one of these kilns, what is the repair history?
Which kiln?
How long before problems started?
What was the problem?
Were you satisfied with your repair service?
How often do you need repairs?

Thanks to all that particapted in my survey, hopefully this will allow me to make a good decision.
camaro :D
Kim Bellis

Post by Kim Bellis »

Camaro - I have had a jenken for three years now (small size) absolutly no problems with it at all. I love it!
Kim Bellis

Post by Kim Bellis »

Camaro - I have had a jenken for three years now (small size) absolutly no problems with it at all. I love it!
Kim Bellis

Post by Kim Bellis »

Deb Libby

Post by Deb Libby »

Camaro ...
I've had an Evenheat 2541 for about 10 years, use it daily and it still runs great ... did have to replace the relays in the controller a year ago (think that's the term...actually had Marty from CentredeVerre do it for me). I can't speak highly enough about the product; it's a real workhorse.
Deb