Stone Free (but not jimi hendrix)

The forum for discussion on business aspects of working with glass.

Moderator: Brad Walker

Kitty

Stone Free (but not jimi hendrix)

Post by Kitty »

i get my pattern bars shaved and cut at a tile place in the industrial zone of kona. i've been over there a few times, yet never realized until today that there is a large stone yard there, too, with sheets of marble about twice the size of a dining room table. i had no idea they were cutting and fabricating counter-tops and tables.

anyway, they have two large wood crates with scraps for free. there were all types of granite and marble, polished or with split surfaces, handsome broken pieces, and lots and lots that were perfect squares or rectangles.

previously people here have asked where they could get nice bases for their work. i thought i'd share my discovery since many towns have tile and stone yards, and probably those have a scrap pile. i'm going back tomorrow to rummage around in it. i'm already thinking some of the unpolished stuff will be great to photograph jewely on.
Brian and Jenny Blanthorn

Re: Stone Free (but not jimi hendrix)

Post by Brian and Jenny Blanthorn »

Kitty wrote:i get my pattern bars shaved and cut at a tile place in the industrial zone of kona. i've been over there a few times, yet never realized until today that there is a large stone yard there, too, with sheets of marble about twice the size of a dining room table. i had no idea they were cutting and fabricating counter-tops and tables.

anyway, they have two large wood crates with scraps for free. there were all types of granite and marble, polished or with split surfaces, handsome broken pieces, and lots and lots that were perfect squares or rectangles.

previously people here have asked where they could get nice bases for their work. i thought i'd share my discovery since many towns have tile and stone yards, and probably those have a scrap pile. i'm going back tomorrow to rummage around in it. i'm already thinking some of the unpolished stuff will be great to photograph jewely on.
Hi

If they got polishing stuff

They could probably polish ur glass