cr loo float frit Q's

This is the main board for discussing general techniques, tools, and processes for fusing, slumping, and related kiln-forming activities.

Moderators: Brad Walker, Tony Smith

rosanna gusler

cr loo float frit Q's

Post by rosanna gusler »

hi all, can any of you float frit users share opinions on that product? problems, what you like, how is the confetti, info on how the various grain sizes behave, color saturation................other than that, not much. i am going to order some i think. rosanna
Tom White

Post by Tom White »

I have used cherry red, chrome green, and opaque blue in sizes 2 and 3 on 1/4" float, no experience with powder or confetti. Fired to 1500/1550 and got good results. I mixed with just enough clear fyre to hold the grains together and packed it into a stencil about 3/32" thick. The only problem I saw was some rough patches like devit in places on the chrome green only.
Best wishes,
Tom in Texas
rosanna gusler

Post by rosanna gusler »

thanks tom, i ordered their sample kit. hopefully there will be some of all sizes + confetti. looking for something fresh for christmas doo dads. rosanna
Judy Schnabel

Post by Judy Schnabel »

Rosanne,

I don't think you'll be disappointed in the confetti, etc. for float.

I've tried the powder, frit & confetti. The yellow, cobalt blue and chrome green confettis are really nice.

Judy