BECon pix

Want to share a photo of your work? Or get feedback on a new piece? Post it here. (Note: items in this forum are deleted periodically, generally after several months.)

Moderator: Brad Walker

PDXBarbara

BECon pix

Post by PDXBarbara »

Go to http://www.pbase.com/pdxbarbara/whats_new

& click on BECon. Sorry some pix suck, and tired of uploading for now anyways.....
The glass is from the Legacy exhibit. All pairs are the teacher/student matches. Don't have 'm all here.

Barbara

Here's Nancy Weisser's contribution...
Barbara Bader
Jackie Beckman

Post by Jackie Beckman »

Barbara,

Thanks for posting these pictures! Yippee. I had so much fun filpping through - great to see both the art and people shots - thanks again!!
Barbara Muth

Post by Barbara Muth »

Barb thanks for posting all of the pix. Now I can show my husband some of the things I was talking about!

Barbara
Barbara
Check out the glass manufacturer's recommended firing schedules...
LATEST GLASS
Amy Schleif-Mohr

Post by Amy Schleif-Mohr »

Too funny Barbara! I was just showing my husband and he didn't really care! How could he not care about glass! Unreal!

Anyway, great pictures. One day I'll be able to post mine...

Amy
PDXBarbara

Post by PDXBarbara »

Amy Schleif-Mohr wrote:How could he not care about glass! Unreal!

Amy
Amy.. Brian (my hubbette) is just like yours... & I say the same thing as you. "How could he not care about glass?"
Barbara de la PDX
Barbara Bader
PDXBarbara

Post by PDXBarbara »

Amy... apologies for the pix.. every pic of your hifire coldworked sculpture turned out friggin' blurry. Must have been tired....
xxoo
BB
Barbara Bader
Sara

Post by Sara »

Barb,

How long will this exhibit be showing at Legacy . . . and where is it located in Portland?

Am hoping to get up there at the end of this month for a few days :wink:

As for those 'couldn't care less' husbands . . . ouch, kiln form those boys into shape.

Sara
Jackie Beckman

Post by Jackie Beckman »

Sara wrote:Barb,

How long will this exhibit be showing at Legacy . . . and where is it located in Portland?

Am hoping to get up there at the end of this month for a few days :wink:

As for those 'couldn't care less' husbands . . . ouch, kiln form those boys into shape.

Sara

Hi Sara,
I'm not Barb, but she's not crazy enough to be up this early, I'm sure, so I'll answer for her. Legacy is the name of the exhibit currently showing at Bullseye. I copied and pasted the paragraph below from Bullseye's site to give you a rundown on the show. (Hope that's OK, Lani.)

LEGACY
From July 29 to September 6, 2003 the Bullseye Connection Gallery is proud to host an exhibition of works by teaching artists and their students; working artists and their apprentices; and various other pairings of established and emerging artists whose relationships in the transfer of glass information will illustrate the varied and fascinating ways that the technology and philosophy of kiln glass passes among us.
Sara

Post by Sara »

Mornin' Jackie,

Since you and I ain't in the same time zone this month watcha doin' up so early yo'self? I personally love to watch the sunrise.

thank you for the information, guess I could have visited the BE site. show fits beautifully into my time frame :P I was at this gallery space last month too, getting up early doesn't necessarily mean my brain functions.

Beautiful work everyone! thanks for posting the pics Barb, I'm anxious to see it all up close and personal.

Sara
Jackie Beckman

Post by Jackie Beckman »

Mornin' Jackie,

Since you and I ain't in the same time zone this month watcha doin' up so early yo'self? I personally love to watch the sunrise.

Morning Sara,
I used to love to watch the sunrise too - except it was without having gone to bed yet. But that was before I had a family. Now I get up this early to have some peace and quite and alone time before the house starts to wake up. It's my favorite time of the day - Just me and a really, really strong pot of coffee.
Barbara Muth

Post by Barbara Muth »

Amy Schleif-Mohr wrote:Too funny Barbara! I was just showing my husband and he didn't really care! How could he not care about glass! Unreal!

Amy
I can't guarantee that he really cares about any glass other than mine, but he is quite adept at pretending to care when I ramble on for hours. (And he does do my tile sawing -- bless him). I try to reciprocate by sweetly nodding my head and thinking about my next piece while he talks about football or the next computer game he wants to buy....

Barbara
Barbara
Check out the glass manufacturer's recommended firing schedules...
LATEST GLASS
PDXBarbara

Post by PDXBarbara »

Barbara Muth wrote:

I can't guarantee that he really cares about any glass other than mine, but he is quite adept at pretending to care when I ramble on for hours.

Barbara
Brian glazes (ha punny ha) over after 1.35 minutes of consistent glass talk... He does give me high praise though... says things like, "Yeah, that's ok." or "Not bad." (FYI...that IS high praise...) Won't do any aftermath analyzing tho... Eyes roll if I ask questions such as, "What if this were orange instead of blue?"

Hey Barbara... didn't anyone on the board ever tell you that you can't be BARBARA on here cause there's too many of us? :roll: Been thinking maybe it's time to start a Barbara Forum....
xxoo
Barbara
P.S. Ever read the Ionesco picture book called "Story Number One"... wherein everyone's name is Jacqueline?
Later Barbara, xxoo Barbara
Barbara Bader
Amy Schleif-Mohr

Post by Amy Schleif-Mohr »

To PDX Barbara,

Don't worry about the pic. It's fine. Most of mine are blurry too...

Amy
Steve Immerman

Post by Steve Immerman »

Amy,

Here you are along with your work, in sharp focus. I forget what that bright red sculpture was called.

Steve
Tony Smith

Post by Tony Smith »

Beautiful!!! Thanks for the clear picture Doc.

Tony
The tightrope between being strange and being creative is too narrow to walk without occasionally landing on both sides..." Scott Berkun
Bert Weiss

Post by Bert Weiss »

Steve Immerman wrote:Amy,

Here you are along with your work, in sharp focus. I forget what that bright red sculpture was called.

Steve
The bright red sculpture is known as "Rex" on other bulletin boards named after pink elephants.
Bert

Bert Weiss Art Glass*
http://www.customartglass.com
Furniture Lighting Sculpture Tableware
Architectural Commissions