Back from WGW - what fun!

This is the main board for discussing general techniques, tools, and processes for fusing, slumping, and related kiln-forming activities.

Moderators: Brad Walker, Tony Smith

Cheryl

Back from WGW - what fun!

Post by Cheryl »

What a Monday. Not only did I have to get up and go to work, but a hurricane is threatening to dump yet MORE rain on us, it's grey, AND I just got back from Warm Glass Weekend. What a great opportunity to catch up with old friends and make some new ones - and I think I managed to learn a thing or two, too! I know some folks are still around taking classes afterwards, but I just had to say what a wonderful weekend it was.

Brad showed his usual flexibility and rearranged the schedule at the last minute, managing to add sessions on lighting and display (I could go without lunch a few more days, if it meant more stuff like that). There was a strong presence from the local glass guild (National Capitol Art Glass Guild) as well as folks from as far away as South Africa.

Tony Smith was marvelously organized as only an MIT engineer can be. Marty Kremer gave the scoop on shows and selling with panache. Patty Gray was combing madly (with new, chic, short hair -- but one wonders, was there one fire too many? nah.) Bert Weiss tried to burn down the hotel (not Patty's hair) with his torch - he claimed it was just a cutting demo not a demonstration for peace. And the list goes on & on! I only hope I can read my handwriting after taking all those notes :D

Thanks, Brad, and everyone.