Aztek 4709

This is the main board for discussing general techniques, tools, and processes for fusing, slumping, and related kiln-forming activities.

Moderators: Brad Walker, Tony Smith

Chip

Aztek 4709

Post by Chip »

Hi all! Happy Halloween! \:D/

I have just inherited, literally, an Aztek 4709 airbrush set in wood box. It has all of the bottles, and a short black plastic hose that connects to the brush, and supposedly to a compressor.

On the compressor side of the hose is a large gray/grey plastic connector. Problem is it doesn't fit the compressor coupling. I have a very small compressor I purchased from Home Depot about 2 months ago for a finish nailer, cost around $89.00. This has a coiled hose with a coupling on the end of it. But as I said, they don't mesh. The threads seem to be coarser on the compressor hose than on the airbrush connector.

Is there an adapter that may be missing?

Thanks all.
Chip
Micah 6.8
The Hobbyist

Post by The Hobbyist »

I think so.

Mine has a black connector that the grey connector goes on. The black piece has the 1/4" NPT threads that probably match the compressor.

The Hobbyist...........................Jim
Dean Hubbard

Post by Dean Hubbard »

Chip,
You should be able to solve your problem with one quick trip to your local hardware or paint store. Take everthing in question with you. You could also get a plug in type coupler, that attatches and detatches with ease.
That grey plastic thing is probably an inexpensive disposable water trap.

Good-Luck!!

Dean
quill

Post by quill »

Take everthing in question with you.
Ah yes. I am a big fan of the 'take everything with you' school of thought!

Great advice.
Ron Coleman

Re: Aztek 4709

Post by Ron Coleman »

Chip wrote:Hi all! Happy Halloween! \:D/

I have just inherited, literally, an Aztek 4709 airbrush set in wood box. It has all of the bottles, and a short black plastic hose that connects to the brush, and supposedly to a compressor.

On the compressor side of the hose is a large gray/grey plastic connector. Problem is it doesn't fit the compressor coupling. I have a very small compressor I purchased from Home Depot about 2 months ago for a finish nailer, cost around $89.00. This has a coiled hose with a coupling on the end of it. But as I said, they don't mesh. The threads seem to be coarser on the compressor hose than on the airbrush connector.

Is there an adapter that may be missing?

Thanks all.
The black plastic fitting you need is called a "compressor adapter". It has a very fine metric thread (10.75mm) that mates with the gray fitting on your hose. The other end will mate up with standard pipe fittings. It also mates with the internal parts inside the gray plastic fitting on the hose. (Not sure what function that does) Only the black fitting will work from what I can tell.

Testors makes the Aztek and parts may ba available at hobby shops.

http://www.testors.com/

Ron
Chip

Post by Chip »

Thank you all, very much!! :D
Chip
Micah 6.8