Wholesaler for Wrought Iron Table Bottoms

The forum for discussion on business aspects of working with glass.

Moderator: Brad Walker

Amy Schleif-Mohr

Wholesaler for Wrought Iron Table Bottoms

Post by Amy Schleif-Mohr »

Hi everyone,

I am looking for a wholesaler for wrought iron table bottoms. I have done many searches on the web and haven't found anything, I figure I'm putting in the wrong key words or something.

Thanks for the help in advance.

Amy
Brad Walker
Site Admin

Post by Brad Walker »

Ed Hoy sells these. So does Stained Glass Warehouse. Some other glass and ceramics suppliers may also.

They tend to be made in either China or Mexico these days.
charlie

Post by charlie »

i've seen some square and round ones at lincoln distributers in tempe.

you might consider going to a place that does wrought ironwork. i've got a local place that for a reasonable fee welds up metal tables if i give them a dimensioned drawing.
Amy Schleif-Mohr

Cool, thanks guys. I'll check it out.

Amy
Geri Comstock

Post by Geri Comstock »

I got several wrought iron tables from Aftosa some years ago. I believe they still carry them.

Geri
Amy on Salt Spring

Post by Amy on Salt Spring »

Amy I have my frames welded locally (average cost so far has been between $40 and $100 for the welding) and would do the same if I wanted something like you are talking about. If you get the metal and cut it up as you want it (which isn't that hard--you could have someone do this for you too if you wanted) and then take it to a welder its got to be a lot less expensive than having something like this purchased whole and shipped to you. Also then you could design something unique and considering how cool the frames you make are I'm guessing it would be an amazing table!
Amy
Amy Schleif-Mohr

Well,

Geri, thanks for the idea. I took a look at their site and didn't find anything, I'll check again. :)

I called Ed Hoy and they are sending me some pictures and prices of the ones they carry. If it works out I can just go down and pick them up. I'm kinda looking for something inexpensive for some production work I'm trying to develop.

Amy, I do have a couple of local people that could do this, but I'm trying to eliminate as many steps in the process to keep the price down.

I am also going to outsource the edging for the table tops. This way I can keep it to one firing and no cold working.

Amy
Geri Comstock

Post by Geri Comstock »

I just checked out the Aftosa site. They no longer sell the tables that I bought from them. However, here are links to 2 different table styles that they do sell on their site.

http://www.aftosa.com/wrougirtabst.html

http://www.aftosa.com/newtiletables.html

Geri
Amy on Salt Spring

Post by Amy on Salt Spring »

Amy Schleif-Mohr wrote:
I called Ed Hoy and they are sending me some pictures and prices of the ones they carry. If it works out I can just go down and pick them up. I'm kinda looking for something inexpensive for some production work I'm trying to develop.

Amy, I do have a couple of local people that could do this, but I'm trying to eliminate as many steps in the process to keep the price down.
If you can drive down and pick them up that totally changed the picture. I'm always thinking about how much it cost to get anything shipped to me--it makes even inexpensive items pricey and something like a table frame would be outrageous. Hope they have some stuff you like!
Amy