Which Yellow Page Category do you Use?

The forum for discussion on business aspects of working with glass.

Moderator: Brad Walker

Alecia Helton

Which Yellow Page Category do you Use?

Post by Alecia Helton »

I am biting the bullet and putting a real business phone in my studio instead of an extra line attached to my home phone. I thought I was ready every question but was really stumped when they asked what yellow page category I wanted to be listed in. There doesn't seem to be a good fit. Which category are the rest of you using?

Alecia
Alecia Helton
Wear Original Wonders!
Carrollton TX
Gale aka artistefem

Post by Gale aka artistefem »

Art Gallery Listing - but we're in a business district storefront.

There are two ways to go; one is the Fine Artists heading (many artists I know, who have studios at home list this way) or under the Glass headings.

Every yellow page book seems a bit different when it comes to the art glass headers. Sometimes there's only a Stained Glass heading. It might be worth asking the phone book rep' if he/she can create an Art Glass or Studio Glass heading for your business.

If you can - spring the extra $$ for a small display ad, with descriptive text and a border box around the ad. Keep your copy minimal, simple and to the point!

According to the marketing surveys, this type of ad gets more dialing traffic than the usual oneliner text listings.

Also, if you have one, insert your business email addy into the display box.