Anyone Used This?

This is the main board for discussing general techniques, tools, and processes for fusing, slumping, and related kiln-forming activities.

Moderators: Brad Walker, Tony Smith

KellyG

Anyone Used This?

Post by KellyG »

Doing some research here, I ran across this link and was wondering if anyone's used it yet? If so, is the worth the $$$.

http://www.ekmillerco.com/detail.aspx?ID=32

...Kelly
KellyG

Post by KellyG »

My fingers are faster than my brain. Rather than "is the worth the $$$. ", I meant, "is IT worth the $$$?"

Jeeezzz
rosanna gusler

Post by rosanna gusler »

for 2 grand it should crank its self. rosanna
lauren

Post by lauren »

i have no input on how it works, but if you get it and you're in the northeast let me know i'll come rent it out from you :) i think that could make it worth it, rent it out by the hour....i still can't make good frit on my own.
Cher

Post by Cher »

I gotta liitle "Cheetin Gritter Critter" tm I'll sell for $3000. It's avacado colored and some people have mistaken it for a kitchen blender like they saw at the thrift shop, but I say nay, couldn't be. This one, unlike the 2K one DOES make dust and fine frit, "cranks" itself and you could make as much frit in 10 hours, but you don't wanna. It's reinforced and ultimately has planned obsolesence built in.
Y :twisted:
>^..^<
Don Burt

Post by Don Burt »

it looks just like an elephant. I like it a lot
Bert Weiss

Post by Bert Weiss »

I haven't used it, but I can tell you that the style of machine they make is the best way to make frit with the least fines.
Bert

Bert Weiss Art Glass*
http://www.customartglass.com
Furniture Lighting Sculpture Tableware
Architectural Commissions
PDXBarbara

Post by PDXBarbara »

Hiya Kelly...
John Goth has made a fritter that's larger than the EKMiller, but you can handcrank or attach a motor, if I recall correctly. John (& Harry) are in the Oregon Glass Guild. A couple months ago he demo'd his crusher for a few of us hanging around after the meeting. Email me off-board if you want.

Barbara
Barbara Bader