TEACHING

The forum for discussion on business aspects of working with glass.

Moderator: Brad Walker

Anne W. Nye

TEACHING

Post by Anne W. Nye »

I'm getting lots of requests to teach lately and have done a couple and have a couple more scheduled through glass wholesale or retailers. Now I'm getting request for one-on-one teaching. Wondering if any of you guys do that and how you decide what to charge. I love mentoring and encouraging and teaching other people. One of my missions in life is to help artists live their dreams. I waited way to long to step away from the paycheck and move out on my own and want to help others conquer their fears. I think I have a small gift of looking at an beginning artist's work and see where it could go......identifying strengths and all that.....
So, I'd like to do this but have no idea how to price it. Does anyone else do this and if so, would you mind sharing your rate structure?
I could see packages depending on the project and scope of the information desired from a simple consultation to a 2 day class.
Thoughts???? :?:
Stephen Richard

Re: TEACHING

Post by Stephen Richard »

If you have a profit margin that you are comfortable with on group courses, that is the least you should charge for a 1-1 course. E.g., if you charge 4 people 200 each, one person on the same course should cost 800 or there about. Of course there is less material used so some compensation for that is necessary.

I charge £25 per hour for consulting ( based on £200/day)
Steve Richard
You can view my Blog at: http://verrier-glass.blogspot.com/