Still waiting.

Want to share a photo of your work? Or get feedback on a new piece? Post it here. (Note: items in this forum are deleted periodically, generally after several months.)

Moderator: Brad Walker

Haydo

Still waiting.

Post by Haydo »

002.JPG
003.JPG
001.JPG
Came back without injury from Nauru, so hooked into glass and backyard blitz to make up for lost time. The director of the gallery,box shop and studio where I have pendants for sale in tough old Mackay gave me a gentle push by hooking me up with another artist who sells very well on Hamilton Island. Sales manager is happy enough with product and wholesale price, great to have insiders help out. Need to wait for second round approval which takes place on Wednesday. They haven't seen these yet. I have gloss gift boxes,tissue paper and stickers in the mail. The artist helping me out doe's great work portraying the reef by applying her work to silk scarves and sarongs, beach bags and towels. They are interested in panels, so it's fingers crossed. peace, haydo
Life is like a raft, so be like a rat!...Challenging being a captain type rat though, going down with each ship and all!!
twin vision glass

Re: Still waiting.

Post by twin vision glass »

I love these pieces. They remind me of some sort of shell or shell fish in the ocean. I am excited for you. Les
Give out Free Hugs!
Haydo

Post by Haydo »

Thanks Les. Still early days. Would be nice to have some bread and butter for a change though, crumbs isn't doing it for me. peace, haydo
Life is like a raft, so be like a rat!...Challenging being a captain type rat though, going down with each ship and all!!
Steve Hewitt

Post by Steve Hewitt »

Glad to hear you got teamed with a fiber artist. Many years ago when I did encaustic paintings a fiber artist influenced my work by having me study the patterns for warp and weft setups for various textile designs.
Must say I really enjoy and admire your work. Best of luck with sales. May you be blessed with my loaves and fewer crumbs.
Last edited by Steve Hewitt on Sun Jun 16, 2013 7:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Steve Hewitt

Post by Steve Hewitt »

Glad to hear you got teamed with a fiber artist. Many years ago when I did encaustic paintings a fiber artist influenced my work by having me study the patterns for warp and weft setups for various textile designs.
Must say I really enjoy and admire your work. Best of luck with sales. May you be blessed with my loaves and fewer crumbs.
Haydo

Post by Haydo »

I appreciate the kind words Steve. Looking at Kerry' s work is an excellent example for me to follow. Vibrant, loose and professional. How many spare loaves have you got?
peace, haydo
Barry Kaiser

Post by Barry Kaiser »

Superb pendants.
Love the multi-segment look.

barry
Haydo

Post by Haydo »

Thanks Barry. The way they are constructed and later shaped gives me a lot of time to think about the next lot. Not as many failures, just happy mistakes.
peace, haydo
Havi

Post by Havi »

Very nice,
I'd love to see yuou make big staff like these.

Havi
Haviva Z
- - - - with a smile :)

"Speed comes from the Devil" - (an Arabic proverb)
http://www.havivaz.com
Haydo

Post by Haydo »

Thanks Haviva. Latest samples will be going to Hammo while I'm away. A few reckon I should be excited,no use getting to the end first. But I'm a bit like my contract in Nauru, if I'm on the plane I know I'm going somewhere.
Just this afternoon while sorting things in my yard(tiny) before fly out. I realised that it's all about going Swiss. So I will get a bit bigger for some things,but not too big to restrict baggage allowance. This comes from two avenues, a mentor who suggests things to look at and a promise to my boys that I would make them custom chess board and pieces to celebrate end of uni and building of careers.
peace, haydo