Crackle background piece.

Want to share a photo of your work? Or get feedback on a new piece? Post it here. (Note: items in this forum are deleted periodically, generally after several months.)

Moderator: Brad Walker

Haydo

Crackle background piece.

Post by Haydo »

Back in Nauru after a fair chance of getting things on the move during my last time at home,ticked all boxes but bad timing. Allowed me to really examine if I could be bothered to wait for a new manager to settle in on Hamilton, so it is now plan P again. Have pulled out of an artist driven gallery, only allowing myself to rotate work through our regional gallery, Artspace Mackay. If it was easy everybody would be doing it.
This piece is not quite in the right light in images shared. The segments around it have words in each one with the only one repeated is love. I deliberately smashed the piece to give a time worn look but had to laminate it onto laminated float because it stressed out on the cool down. Some things are meant to happen, I'm happy enough with the addition of float and the opportunity to add another dimension with the all the radiating carve marks from the heart, the Jesus thing going on works for me.
It was a mad scramble last year when I had my first exhibition, organised by self, never ever to happen again. So this piece is part of the exhibition that finalised all work during the naive stage. Trusting myself to get serious, finding my niches with bubbles and cane, even revisit dichroic for some. Hope you like it. peace, haydo

Vitragraph cane baby filled billum on top of crackle.
Vitragraph cane baby filled billum on top of crackle.
Heart in the right place with carved radiance.
Heart in the right place with carved radiance.
Life is like a raft, so be like a rat!...Challenging being a captain type rat though, going down with each ship and all!!
rosanna gusler

Re: Crackle background piece.

Post by rosanna gusler »

love the heart one. what are you carving with? r.
artist, owner of wanchese art studio, marine finisher
Haydo

Re: Crackle background piece.

Post by Haydo »

A cheap coarse diamond wheel/disc for concrete finishing on pneumatic grinder with centre fed water. Due to mad rush I found that chips were easily created,
peace, haydo
Life is like a raft, so be like a rat!...Challenging being a captain type rat though, going down with each ship and all!!