Red Devil DP2 Diamond points

This is the main board for discussing general techniques, tools, and processes for fusing, slumping, and related kiln-forming activities.

Moderators: Brad Walker, Tony Smith

Buttercup

Red Devil DP2 Diamond points

Post by Buttercup »

I have an elderly Red Devil DP 2 Point setter (no, not the red flower). It's a little hand-operated tool for firing diamond-shaped fasteners into window frames or picture frames to secure the glass in place.Great tool.

I no longer have the box the points came in so don't know what size to order. The one remaining diamond point is 7/16". Finding points for it is proving to be a challenge as none are advertised to be exactly this size.

It was originally purchased from CRL, in Canada. CRL USA says on their website that they carry points for many of these older models. Unfortunately they won't answer my question, probably because I'm not in North America and only want one packet of 3-4000 points.

CRL Australia doesn't know but are happy to order them for me. CRL Europe referred me to CRL Australia, even though I advised them the Australian branch didn't know.

Does anyone know from personal experience if CRL, or Fletcher 1/2" No wax Diamond Points will fit the Red Devil DP 2 ?

Alternately, would someone with a CRL A/C, or anyone, who would be recognized as a local, be so kind as to ask CRL USA, please? Ordering the wrong size would be an expensive mistake as I'll be up for almost 100.00 with shipping for a product I couldn't use.

I'd really appreciate it.
Buttercup

Re: Red Devil DP2 Diamond points

Post by Buttercup »

I have received confirmation from Fletcher-Terry that their #2 1/2 Diamond points will fit the DP 2 Point driver.
Don Burt

Post by Don Burt »

not the red flower lol
Buttercup

Post by Buttercup »

Hi, Don!