DT band saws

This is the main board for discussing general techniques, tools, and processes for fusing, slumping, and related kiln-forming activities.

Moderators: Brad Walker, Tony Smith

Cliff Swanson

DT band saws

Post by Cliff Swanson »

Anyone know the difference in performance characteristics (in real life) between the the DLS Speedster, DL1000, and DL3000 band saws from Diamond Tech?

TIA,

Cliff
tom suter

DT

Post by tom suter »

I don't know the diffeence but I have the 1000 and its not bad but you will go trough a lot of nylon guides these are the same guided on the 3000. So if you buy one may sure get several guide packages they are about $6.00 a piece. So you don't get stuck with down time waiting on them to come in. I have good luck cutting dichroic when needed on the band saw I just put poster board on top of the table to protect it with very little chipping I have to get mine from Delphi or if you buy from Hoy he carrys them. Tom
Chris H

Post by Chris H »

I have the 3000 model and it works really good, I believe that one of the main differences is more power, but I'm not real sure. I opted to get this one and purchased it a long time -6yrs ago. No real problems with it and when there is Dimond tech is real good about fixing and sending it back very quickly. :)